advice on map sites please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on map sites please

hi...i am trying to find a local up to date survey map of Bodenham,Herefordshire.....my ggg grandmother is on the 1871 census at Low Moor Farm,Bodenham aged 81....I want to find out if Low Moor Farm still exist....googled low moor farm,but no info...anyone got any useful sites to view???...regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Morning Allan,
    no sign that I can see, saw 2 directory entries for Mrs.Merrick, this the lady in question? Saw a couple of references to Upper Moor Farm, with a phone number. If you can't find it I bet if you rang them they would know if it was still there.
    ;) Helen x

Comment

Hi Allen
      You could try Royal Mail's on line postcode finder -

Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Allen, if you try

Buy the most detailed & up to date maps of Great Britain as well as outdoor gear & accessories. One stop for hiking, walking, camping. Free postage

and type Bodenham Moor in the search box, you will see Moor Court Farm, and get several suggestions of available maps. As Moor Court Farm is very close to a river, it could well be in the lower part of the Moor and perhaps is the place you want with a new name.

Hope that helps

Roger

Edit: Just had another look, and in fact Moor Court Farm seems to be near the source of the streams which feed the river, so more probably is on higher ground. Sorry :o
        Last edited by Roger in Sussex; 05-05-08, 08:47.

Comment

You could contact the relevant local history society, or Herefordshire Records Office for information.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
          X