help with a birth and death please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a birth and death please

I'm trying to find a birth and death for Winnie Brown. Violet. b 1910 says she died about 6 months old. then there was Cissie b 1912. William b 1916. I have looked from 1913-1915 and 1917-1919. assuming Violet rememberd the baby around.Jane the mother died in Sept 1918 I can't find a birth at all, and the only death likley is Fulham 1919 age 1. the family did live in Fulham prior to 1910, but from Violets birth till 1952 lived in Croydon. any ideas please. Is there any way to look for a birth just using the MMN Shuttle. thanks

Hi Jan, if you go into freeBMD and put the years and just the mothers maiden name it will bring up the results.

I cant see a Winnie which Im presuming is Winifred..FreeBMD is on a go slow by the way!

]

Comment

thanks, will have a look, didn't think just to put MMN in ! Northern Light, I can't find a Winifred, with the MMN Shuttle, have tried with the surname Brown, and mmn, and no surname and just mmn, and dates 1913-1916 and 1916-1919 but no winifred !
      Last edited by jan; 04-05-08, 20:13.

Comment

Well I cant find one in Croydon either! Is it possible that Winifred was a middle name?

]

Comment

I wonder if this could be the birth?

Births Mar 1913
          Brown Doris W A Shuttle Newbury 2c 511

Comment

there is an Albert A Brown in newbury - 1911 too

Actually there are quite a few Brown /shuttle newbury - which i guess eliminates them
            Last edited by Jessbowbag; 04-05-08, 22:11.
            Jess

Comment

Yes, sorry, I've just noticed that there's a Brown-Shuttle marriage in Newbury, which isn't yours (the wife isn't Jane).

Comment

Well Im wondering is it a middle name, but Jan has gone now so she cant answer!
                There are a few Shuttle/Brown births but not just a Winifred in the time span Jan says..and not many in Croydon..Oh humm..

]

Comment

Not all of the quarters in those years have been completely transcribed by FreeBMD, so it would be a good idea to check which ones they are and look at the images for those ones.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hello all, many thanks for your interest and help, I have looked through all the qtrs for all the years I thought might be a possibilty, Jane shuttle was born in Berkshire Reading, and thought they might have took the baby there as Jane was ill for 6 months before she died and there were quite a few younger children at home, but her father Charles Shuttle remarred in1885 and have got him on the 1901 census Berkshire St Giles marrried age 60 with a son of 7, but no wife on census with him. luv a duck, this is driving me mad.
                    what about looking under the floor boards ???
                    going to take mother out for birthday lucnch, will look in later, many thanks

Comment

Well, think I'm going to take a chance a send for the Fulham 1919 one, as William had a marr sister in Hammersmith 1901 census, and hope it's right. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post
                        I'm trying to find a birth and death for Winnie Brown. Violet. b 1910 says she died about 6 months old. then there was Cissie b 1912. William b 1916. I have looked from 1913-1915 and 1917-1919. assuming Violet rememberd the baby around.Jane the mother died in Sept 1918 I can't find a birth at all, and the only death likley is Fulham 1919 age 1. the family did live in Fulham prior to 1910, but from Violets birth till 1952 lived in Croydon. any ideas please. Is there any way to look for a birth just using the MMN Shuttle. thanks

How about the local studies library,i know they have some stuff on microfiche,and they've helped me in my Penge enquiries.
                        "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Comment

If they died in kent these site's have a few Brown's,don't know if their any good to you.

Kent Churchyard Monument Inscription (M.I.s) & other notes
                          ** Kent Online Parish Clerks ** - The Military Regiments of Kent, England - Privates A - D

I've managed to trace a couple of my rellies using monumental inscription's as they often have date's of birth too,or at least a rough age.
                          "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post
                            but her father Charles Shuttle remarred in1885 and have got him on the 1901 census Berkshire St Giles marrried age 60 with a son of 7, but no wife on census with him.

Here he is with the new wife (Jane Fisher), in 1891:

RG12; Piece: 1158; Folio 61; Page 21

The daughter, Eliza, died in 1898.

The missing wife in 1901 is transcribed as "Jane Shuttle Lambertus" and niece as relationship to head. She is actually nurse not niece, and thereford is unlikely to have been given the family surname! lol She is recorded as married.

Comment

Working...
                            X