Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's happened to my Bookmarks/favourites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happened to my Bookmarks/favourites?

One day last week I had problems getting logged onto the internet, I'm with BT. Since then I seem to have lost all my bookmark favourite sites but it is only on the main account, we have 3, one for OH, one for me and a shared main account. The bookmarked pages are still available on the 2 personal accounts.
    Can anyone advise what has happened and is there any way of finding/getting back the lost bookmarks please?
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Which browser are you using?

Comment

Hi Mary, I use BT Yahoo.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I have BT Yahoo, have you tried clicking on the 'Sidebar tab' at the top of the browser and then down to 'bookmarks'
        Kathleen

Comment

Kathleen, yes tried everything we can think of, our son is usually very good at sorting things out but even he can't understand what's happened. It's odd it's just the main account it's happened too. It's not as though it would be easy to delete the whole thing as you have to go to edit after clicking on Bookmarks to do anything.
          Daphne

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
            Which browser are you using?
            Hi Daphne

Is the browser your using "internet explorer" or "firefox" perhaps you are using both and your bookmarks/favourites are on the other.

Do you have the same book marks on your 'own' section ? if so export/save them to your desk top the import them to the browser on your main account.

Jan

Comment

Do you have a menu item called something like File - Export - Bookmarks or File - Export - Favourites?

If so, try exporting them to a file called something like bookmarks_copy, and then reimporting them with File - Import - Bookmarks.

Comment

Snap

Comment

Do you still have the sidebar - but no list of bookmarks. Sometimes my sidebar is blank and I have to click on the sidebar tab + reload; I suppose you have tried that too.
                  Kathleen

Comment

Jan, Mary, Thanks for trying to help this dumbo.
                    The browser is BT Yahoo, we do have IE installed but I don't use that to view things.
                    I have different bookmarks on my own account to the main account. I can't import into the main account as when I click on Bookmarks the drop down menu which has Add bookmark, Edit Bookmarks, Import bookmarks doesn't highlight for me to use. I also tried opening a website and tried to save it by right clicking on the page to Bookmark it and it didn't save.

Kathleen when I click on sidebar I get a grey area come up and told the currently installed sidebar is not comptable with Internet Explorer 7. To ensure that your Broadband Browser and Sidebar continue to work properly with IE7 please upgrade to the latest software. Click here to get started. I did, it seemed to download but then I'm still getting the same message.

Looks like I'll have to get our son's computer expert friend to come over when he can to sort everything out.
                    Daphne

Comment

Well, don't know what happened but tonight all the bookmarks suddenly appeared, must have been going round in ether space:D Wierd or what!
                      Daphne

Comment

Working...
                      X