Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ParishRegister.com (Docklands site) serious news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ParishRegister.com (Docklands site) serious news...

I just went to browse, and found this:

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with regret that I have to announce that James Legon, Founder, Managing Director, and all round Main-Man of ParishRegister.com has suffered a heart attack and is in a critical, but stable, condition in the London Chest Hospital.

Update 18:40pm (GMT), 01 May 2008: James has made good progress today, pleasing the Doctors and a lot of other people!

Update 18:00pm (GMT), 02 May 2008: James has made good progress again today.

His wife, Yvonne, remains at his bedside, and we are unable to process any Shop orders at the moment.
    (The initial announcements are in"strike-through" font as updates have been added.)
    And...

The online shop is closed until further notice, but the online Search facilities remain online for your use.

Please also bear in mind that general enquiries and support will be very limited at this time, and that only urgent enquiries will be replied to by me, Simon Burley (simonaburley@gmail.com).

I hope that you understand, and will bear with us while James makes his recovery.

Thank you,

Simon and the Parish Register team.
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 04-05-08, 14:33.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Oh God Chris, I had no idea. I know he had been on a health kick recently trying to pack up his smoking. Poor James.

Comment

It's such a good site. It will be missed as an active site until it comes back online fully.

Isn't James a member on here? I thought I'd seen some of his posts? Or am I confusing him with someone else. (Thinking of Rod Neep, who is a member and ran an important genealogy-ish site.)

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Someone put a thread up a couple of days ago about a James, but l didnt know who it was
        Pam

Comment

This was it.
          Pam

Comment

Thanks, Pam

I hadn't recognised that thread for what it was - the title being similar to a number of others in that section.

Christine

Comment

Yes, he is a member on here - I invited him when we first started up.

Comment

Very upset to hear this news. James was very helpful to me at the beginning of the year when I was deciding which cd to buy. My thoughts are with him and his family
                Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

Just incase anyone is passing news from here onto James - I also send my best - I have LEGON's in my family tree and James has helped me via both here and his own website - hope he's back soon.

Comment

Oh good wishes for a speedy recovery for James please pass it on thanks ;;
                    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Clare (Miss Dynamite) has spoken to James by phone and passed on all our good wishes.

Comment

This is the most recent of the bulletins on teh ssite:

Update 19:15pm (GMT), 04 May 2008: James is continuing to recover well.

It doesn't add anything to what we already know by other means - but it is good news.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                        X