Ancestry have a cheek !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry have a cheek !!!

I have the UK subscription which I got at a discounted price of £62 instead of £79.95
    I badly want to look for sisters that went to Canada, so rang them to ask how to do it , he suggested a months subscription, but it cannot be done on the site as far as I could see ,the only thing available is 14 credits which is fine if you know what you are looking for I dont !!!
    So rang them again today only to be told there is no way you can have a months subscription you have to upgrade to the worldwide one at about £200 and you would get a refund on the part you have not used ,then cancel after a month, when I asked would I still be entitiled to a rebate on the UK one she said no it would be the right price of £79.95 hardly seems worth it does it??

Val, when I was checking out someone in Canada, I got a 14 day free trail
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

how did you manage that ???and nice to see you here are you feeling better

Comment

Went on Ancestry.com and followed the link, I think

And no, no better:(

Comment

but did you have the UK version already ???

Comment

Yes I have Val, but I put in Ancestry.com and not .co.uk

Comment

Try here Val, stick a different addy in if you have one..

Ancestry.com -- Browser Upgrade

]

Comment

I've probably missed something here but don't understand why you can't get a discount on the basic UK sub. Rang them yesterday in answer to their email regarding sub renewal and was quoted the £79 sub - refused - and then promptly offered the 20% discount. Sub is actually £59 something then VAT added.

Comment

BC thats brilliant dont understand why you got all that I had to pay £62 and that was a struggle.
                  Thanks Light good idea why didnt I think of that ?

Comment

YIPEE I signed for the fortnight worldwide free trial ,and have already found who I was looking for in Canada
                    Daisy Muller only she is using the name Margaret Daisy Muller no wonder I could not find her
                    Am I happy or what ?????

Comment

Not sure what you are trying to do here Val, BUT if you are looking for info someone in USA or Canada then you can PPV like I have done in the past, you pay 7 quid and get so many searches etc..

no need to upgrade..
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        YIPEE I signed for the fortnight worldwide free trial ,and have already found who I was looking for in Canada
                        Daisy Muller only she is using the name Margaret Daisy Muller no wonder I could not find her
                        Am I happy or what ?????
                        Well done Val...:D think your one happy bunny now!

]

Comment

trouble with that is I did not know what I was looking for I will just cancel at the end of the trial
                          Yes Light you could say that

Comment

Working...
                          X