This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vista service pack 1

Last night I downloaded vista service pack1 on windows update. I have NOT installed it yet as it said it would take about an hour to install with shutdowns in between. I am very wary of updates after previous problems so do I need this update/service pack or can I manage without it. Touch wood I've never had any problems with vista since i got my new pc last year and I don't want to start now ! Your advice and opinions please.
    (at work at the moment so will check back this afternoon.)
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

well after I downloaded the last lot my laptop crashed !!!so good luck
    The lady at the repair place actually asked me if I had downloaded any new updates lately ??????????

Comment

Lesley, If it aint broke dont fix it.

I have service pack 1 installed and have had no problems with it up to now. The pc is running fine and a few niggly probs I had before installing it seem to be cured now.

]

Comment

Well I went ahead an installed the service pack and everything seems ok except I seem to have lost the sound.
        The icon in the task bar says no audio device is installed. It was a realtek audio device and the pc has inbuilt speakers. Does anyone know how can I get the sound back please. :(

Comment

Problem solved I rebooted and sound seems to be back

Comment

This is not from an official source but I have heard that it is better if you dont download it manually but let it download automatically.
            I think I will leave mine to sort itself out for the time being.
            Kathleen

Comment

Mine downloaded without me really noticing - dont seemed to have caused any probs.

Comment

Working...
              X