What ever happened to Sarah Jane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to Sarah Jane?

I'd appreciate some help with this one please.

Anyway ......

I've just received death cert Unfortunately this is not the correct death cert - One of many wrong certs for this family!

So ........

I've gone trawled through Leics deaths and found a couple of possibilities;

Another possibility is that she remarried!

Has anyone please got any spare time to backtrack these 2 ladies through the census?
    Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Lass
    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 29-08-13, 11:57.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Lutterworth district is mostly in Leicestershire:

Lutterworth Registration District

Comment

Whilst Lutterworth is on that side of the county, I don't know of anyone who went to live there (yet) .........
      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 29-08-13, 11:57.

Comment

That death (the Lutterworth one) is going to be for the wife of John Bryan, living at Kimcote in 1901. She's Sarah J b 1851.

Comment

thanks Merry - that discounts her then ....

Comment

Hi again, has anyone please got time to check this one out?

I'm trying to ascertain whether she is the one I'm looking for - please see previous posts.

Thanks
            Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 29-08-13, 11:58.

Comment

There are two Sarah Bryans living in Leicester in 1901 born 1857 +/- 5 years.

One is yours (widow, born Burton on Trent) and the other is Sarah Bryan, 41, born Leicester, heel builder, wife of James.

Comment

thanks Mary ... that's interesting ... Sarah wife of James born c 1860 ... so death cert could be either of them if year of birth wrong .......

think I'll have to go back to bmd index to see if I can find another death after the 1925 one I've found ... reluctant to send for another cert without at least 90% certainty as got several now that aren't matches as hoped ...
                Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 29-08-13, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
                  thanks Mary ... that's interesting ... Sarah wife of James born c 1860 ... so death cert could be either of them if year of birth wrong .......

think I'll have to go back to bmd index to see if I can find another Sarah Jane Bryan's death after the 1925 one I've found ... reluctant to send for another Bryan cert without at least 90% certainty as got several now that aren't matches as hoped ...
                  Lass,

Couldnt you possibly speak to the reg office in question and ask them, if sarah was a widow to whatever his name was? or if any of her children registered the death??? would that help, so you wouldnt spend money on another dead cert?? (no pun intended)
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hiya Julie - was sort of coming to that conclusion myself, although have found in the past some will take a peep for you but others want 'official' enquiries + cert fee before they'll do anything ...........

Comment

Working...
                    X