Will David Johnston Scotland available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will David Johnston Scotland available

I thought I had got lucky today because I found a will on ScotlandsPeople for a

DAVID JOHNSTON
    husband of Isabella Malcolm

These are the names of my earliest Johnston ancestors, so I downloaded it. However, the date of 1835 is probably rather late for them.

There are 13 pages (7 pages of A4).

If anyone can show that they are in their family, I will be willing to send it to them

David Johnston is a farmer at Keppoch near Glasgow. He seems pretty well off.

I think this must be the marriage
    DAVID JOHNSTON
    Spouse: ISABELLA MALCOM
    Marriage: 06 JAN 1833 Leslie, Fife, Scotland
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Elizabeth, you might just want to check the copyright situation to make sure you are allowed to do this:
    Copyright - ScotlandsPeople
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kite Runner -

It's rather vague. I could put the whole thing in the dustbin, but if I pass it on without receiving payment, isn't that OK?
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Elizabeth...................could I ask how you found the will. I see their will search is free, but I can't get any further than the number of wills available for the surname I want, and that's 764!!!!!

Can I get any further than that??? I've never used SP.

Comment

Harry's Mum -

If you have a very common name you need to narrow it down by date and area.

If you can, put in a time frame of 10 years and choose a county.

Good luck!
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks................didn't realize you could do that.

Comment

Working...
            X