1871 census.......can you find her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 census.......can you find her?

Eliza or Elizabeth Birch born 1853 in Knowle / Solihull in Warwickshire.

1861 she is with her parents. RG9; Piece: 2216; Folio: 81; Page: 10

The transcription has her age as 1, it is actually 7. I can't find her in 1871.

The IGI has a submitted entry and an ancestry file for her. I am trying to check it, she was my great grandmothers sister. I have found a huge error already. It has her marriage to a Peter Bowcut in 1873 in West Bromwich, Staffs. That marriage according to the GRO indexes was in Rotherham. If the rest of the ancestry file is to be believed they emigrate to the USA.

Peter Bowcut was born in West Bromwich and living in Solihull in 1871 (transcribed Boivcut)
    RG10; Piece: 3189; Folio: 71; Page: 21

I am going to send for the marriage cert to see it it is my Eliza / Elizabeth.

Hello Margaret

There is an entry on FindMyPast for Elizabeth Birch age 18, born in Warwickshire, who is a servant to Charlotte Hiron. The address is Payton Street, Old Stratford. The reference is: RG10/ Piece 3208/ Folio 4/ Page 2.

Maybe???

Gwyn

ps Have just checked Ancestry and place of birth is given at 'Pillerton, Warwickshire' so probably not correct - sorry!!
    Last edited by Oscar; 01-05-08, 12:14. Reason: Additional info
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Hi Gwyn

No, I doubt that is her. Pillerton Priors is near to Warwick so a bit too far away from the Solihull area.

She seems to have disappeared. Perhaps that marriage cert will explain things if it is the right Elizabeth. Thing is, what on earth were they doing in Rotherham?

Comment

The only connection I can think of between the West Midlands and Rotherham is either mining or iron/steel.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
        X