Scots help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scots help please

Does anybody have access to any records that would give me the correct name for the mother of Elizabeth McCurdie . I have date of birth as 30 May 1874 New Cumnock Ayrshire. She married a William Smith 6 Jan 1897.
    I have her parents as Samuel McCurdie and Jean McKerrow b 1852 d 1929 but another researcher has her mother as Jane McKerron with different dates. He has their marriage as 26 Dec 1873.
    It is the McKerrow family that I am interested in if anybody could help confirm the ladies name please.
    Thank you
    Gloria

Hi Gloria

Scotlands People has a digitised marriage cert showing the birth of Elizabeth McCurdie at New Cumnock on 30 may1874 . As is the benefit of Scottish birth certs it shows also the marriage on 26th Dec 1873 at New Cumnock . The writing is not that clear but looks like Jane McKerrow ( mother 's maiden name ) If you check IGIs you will see Jeannie ( usual variation of Jane or jean ) McKerrow marrying Samuel McCurdy ( not McCurdie ) on 26 Dec 1873 at Muirfoot New Cumnock . McKerrow appears the one . You can run a trace on the name for both sexes without a forename on Scotlands People . He was a coal miner and they were pretty itinerant in the 19th century Many miners moved onto Lanarkshire .

Col in Crieff

Comment

Thank you.
      I thought I was right as most of my McKerrow info comes from either NRH or from parish records but I dont often make a note of where I get my sources from. However there is a McKerron family as well so didnt want to get the 2 mixed up.

Comment

I have just today gone onto the Scolands peoples Site and found some of my relatives it was difficult to negotiate but I will look for you cant promise success Lindyloo
        Linda

Comment

just spotted that other people have already helped you, glad youve solved the pproblem lindyloo
          Linda

Comment

Working...
          X