James King needs a mother...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James King needs a mother...

Im trying to find the mother of James King c 1824 Birchley Buckinghamshire and also the marriage of his parents please.

James King married Ann Marsh 1845 Parish Church in Kingswinford Staffs, both were minors.
    The marr cert states father Thomas King brickmaker,

I think this is him on the 1841c.. HO107; Piece 998; Book: 3; Civil Parish: Sedgley; County: Staffordshire; Enumeration District: 6; Folio: 24; Page: 41; Line: 4;...Lower Gornal Sedgley.
    It says born in county but I am not sure of this as James is born Buckinghamshire on all later images.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

]

Have you had any luck discovering where he meant when he said Birchley for the 1861 census? I can't find anywhere in Bucks similar...........

Comment

Neither can I Merry, Sorry.I wonder if the inumerator got it wrong?

On the 1881 it says Sedgley Staffordshire? 1871 says Buckinghamshire?
      Last edited by Northern Light; 30-04-08, 12:25.

]

Comment

Who were the marriage witnesses?

Comment

William and Elizabeth Marsh were the witnesses , his wifes brother I think..

]

Comment

I would imagine he believed he was born in Bucks....it's more likely the 1881 census is wrong.....

I notice he's in Lower Gornall both with dad in 1841 and with his wife in 1851 - so not moved far at all. Dad seems to have vanished, yet there's no death reg in Dudley district for a Thomas King between 1841-1851.

Comment

I cant find a death for Thomas either..

James was in the Gornal area untill the 1881 census when they moved to Wigan for the mining boom..

All James 8 kids were born in Gornal/Sedgley but the 1851c says Bucks for his place of birth
              Last edited by Northern Light; 30-04-08, 12:41.

]

Comment

I've just checked the BIVRI for James' baptism in Bucks. A big fat ZERO!! lol

Comment

Thanks Merry, I hate this family lol..

]

Comment

Hmmmm.....can't say I like them much either!! lol

Comment

Lol Merry wait till I start on the kids that are unaccounted for...shall I go away now..:D

]

Comment

OK! pmsl!!!

Comment

Think I'll wait till I have the courage for those lol, dutch courage maybe ..:D

]

Comment

Hi Denise.

There is a death for a Thomas King, Sub district Kingswinford in 1841
                            Pam

Comment

Hi Pam,

Thanks for that, have you got the vol and page no please, I hate this family!

Scrub that Pam, just looked on James marr cert and it dosent say deceased for Thomas and that was 1845..
                              Off to trawl the 51 again just in case lol..
                              Last edited by Northern Light; 30-04-08, 18:44.

]

Comment

Staffordshire Births Marriages & Deaths

Go onto here. Click on WMBMD (West Midlands BMD) Then click on deaths.

There is a reference number for you to click on to order the cert
                                Pam

Comment

Vicars were not always very bothered about taking the details correctly at weddings. I would say the dead/alive status of the fathers is only about 70% reliable. If one is dec'd and the other isn't then you might reckon they had asked......what was the status for the bride's father and do you know if it's right?

Comment

Marr cert says brides father John Marsh was dead! To be honest and hangs head in shame I havent yet looked for a death for him..

I have just found a likely one for Thomas though..Possible death..2ndq 1847 King Thomas Wolstanton &c vol 17 page 266

Update...had a quick look for Johns death but far too many in that area!
                                    Last edited by Northern Light; 30-04-08, 19:06.

]

Comment

Denise.

Wolstanton is Newcastle Under Lyme. Miles away from Gornal lol
                                      Pam

Comment

Pam..:D I give up on this family. I was going to order it but I wont now lol..I bet hes buried near your house lol..

Im taking the dog out to clear my head!
                                        Last edited by Northern Light; 30-04-08, 19:25.

]

Comment

Working...
                                        X