Do these people appear anywhere else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these people appear anywhere else?

I'm looking at a family on the 1841 census and would like to try and find out more about them (backwards, forwards or anyways!)......but they are being difficult!

1841: Causeway End, Felstead, Essex (that's Dunmow reg district)

Thom T (?) Maynard 40 Ag lab
    Susan Maynard 40
    Harriet Maynard 11
    John Maynard 11
    Daniel Maynard 5 (transcribed as David)
    Nathan 4
    James 1

HO107; Piece 331; Book: 16; Civil Parish: Felstead; County: Essex; Enumeration District: 5; Folio: 4; Page: 2

They all have Yes for born in County, but the enumerator has only bothered with this at the top of each page, so that's anyones guess really!

Anyway, other than this census record, they don't seem to exist........

Can anyone help, please???

Mmmm... there is a James Maynard marriage in Dunmow district Dec 1870 which could be the same James, I suppose. And a Catherine Harriet Maynard death Mar 1865 which could be Harriet, but of course there is no age given on the index.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Theres a Nathan age 54 on the 1891c, Felstead Essex, hes transcribed Mynard and a widow. Hmm not much help though!

1891 RG12; Piece: 1427; Folio 16; Page 22

]

Comment

Ooh well done.....thank you......

Off to look!

Comment

Ooooh, he's still single in 1871!! and living with his mum (I bet he was never a widower! lol) They are calling themselves Mynett.

Comment

He's a Mynett in 1881 as well, with wife Mary who is a lot older than him.
            KiteRunner

Comment

And in 1861 Ancestry have decided to spell the place Felsted without the a, and Nathan is a Minnett with parents Henry 64 born Ongar (I think?) and Susannah 62 born Great Waltham.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Ooh, and if you do a parent search on the IGI for Henry and Susannah Minnett, there are 5 children including Harriet and Daniel.
                KiteRunner

Comment

lol!! Another problem was that I did most of my "trying to find them" on the 1851 census which doesn't seem to include Felstead at all!

This lot must be one of my throwback lines as they hadn't called themselves Mynett and Minnett for about three hundred years! lol

Comment

I meant to say......funny how dad's name is Henry but looks like Thomas in 1841! (maybe just my eyes? )

Comment

Felstead is one of the places listed as officially missing from the 1851 on ancestry.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                        I meant to say......funny how dad's name is Henry but looks like Thomas in 1841! (maybe just my eyes? )
                        Looked like Thom T to me lol..

]

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                          Hmmm, I can make the beginning of it be Hen if I squint at it, but there is no way it has a y at the end!
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                          X