Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on my US living persons thread - thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my US living persons thread - thanks!

To everyone that helped me trace my sister-in-laws cousins yesterday, a huge thank you!

I won't name names in case I embarrass them but I had such a brilliant response to my appeal on Research, there were lots of offers of help & I thank each & everyone of you for offering me assistance.

In the end Daphne found a phone number for me, & my s-i-law rang it last night & he is indeed the cousin who she last heard emigrated to the US in 1947!

My s-i-law is over the moon, as an only child this was really important to her as she has very little family left, except a few cousins.

What wonderful people you all are!

Joanie

That news is great Joan! I wish I could find my 'missings' as quickly.
    Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

Joan, I'm really pleased it was the correct person, it was good getting involved in someone else search for a change and I didn't ruin the dinner :D :D
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
        Joan, I'm really pleased it was the correct person, it was good getting involved in someone else search for a change and I didn't ruin the dinner :D :D

LOL Daphne, I'm so glad I didn't cause you to burn it!! :D

Yes Rita I am lucky to have found them, it helped them having an unusual surname I suppose!!

;)

Joanie

Comment

That's tremendous news!

Lovely what a bit of teamwork can achieve.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X