Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 4 month old Laptop needs a new Motherboard ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 4 month old Laptop needs a new Motherboard ??

Well its the news I dreaded rang them today, and was advised take the battery out the press the power on button for 30 seconds then reinsert the battery and it came on so off the phone went the so called technical advisor and what happened ??? the message came up there was a problem and it crashed again .
    I rang them back only to be told it sounds like the motherboard , so when I asked why it would go so soon I was told it could be it has not been welded in properly???? excuse me what sort of morons do they employ ?????
    What really gets me is I took out a £7.99 per month pc performance thing where if it goes they have to collect it repair and return it, if it cannot be repaired you get a new one which you surely should anyway.
    I thought oh goody it will be back this week ?? oh no she said it will take about 2 weeks ??? when I queried this she said its covered in the small print, which I am now reading thoroughly, what am I paying for then??
    So am about to cancel this so called extra luxury .
    Incidently they told me they should not have released Vista yet as its not ready !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Val I feel for you I have had no bother at all with my comp but its not lappy ,,,and only thing I have found wrong with Vista is that 2 of my programs wont work with it ;;
    To me if you paid that insurance I would want new one if its only 4 months old ;;

ps yes I can remember you getting it
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

When this happened to my daughters new pc it was about 2 weeks old (she was also paying the extra for tech support) I understood that they can also replace it with one that is refurbished.

She was told that it would be a next day service for repairs but had to wait over a week.

Hers had to be replaced but when we tried to make a back up of the new pc, it wouldn't work; they sent her another copy but I do wonder if the replacement wasn't a new pc. So Val....make sure you get a new one.
      Kathleen

Comment

I wondered if my first one from Dell was a refurbished one rather than new, because the memory stick went and then the hard drive started all that clicking and flashing business. I cant see how a new one would have both faults almost immediately. Still I did get it replaced in days and this one has been great so far, not a sound from it, amazingly quiet.

Comment

I have been reading the small print and it looks like they have covered themselves, so why did I bother with the extra service ??? when I took it out the man told me it was for a next day replacement if it could not be fixed.
          Am going to ring trading standards.

Comment

I think the key words are 'if it could not be fixed' :(

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

yes Rachel you are so right , I am beginning to hate my laptop now.

Comment

Val my daughter got her replacement by going back to the shop where she bought her pc.

The tech support seem to be covered by their small print......as in.....we can only send you a technician tomorrow .....if we have one available, otherwise you may have to wait for over a week.

We also stated that - we didn't expect a new pc to have to be fixed - it should be replaced.
                Kathleen

Comment

And remember......a toaster has a years guarantee......even if you bought it from Tesco.
                  Kathleen

Comment

Val, I think you can insist on an almost new item being replaced I would. What can you get instead well a different make these things are only as good as the person who actually put them together in the factory. That is why we all have a slighty different set up. I will be interested in the outcome and what you get but overall it is the inconvenience of you having to set the rest of it up.
                    I had a £6.99 performace package and I found it helpful at first when trying to sort my modem out and a few other oddments. When I asked for help with installing Nero 8 I spoke to five different people and all with totally different ideas. I got no where and in the end the last person I spoke with asked me to take my PC back to the store and they would arrange for them to sort the problem. I did this only to find that they wanted me to pay £39.95 for the service. I declined and came home and cancelled my DD. I do not have a back up programme at present. The PC came with Power2Go but that only copies intermittent parts of a letter never the whole thing. We can't win them all ~ we are also the mugs putting up with such poor service and high costs.
                    Last year Rachel sent me a load of notes about Applemac and I printed them off and read them every night before I go to sleep! Ha! Ha!

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

The problem is the law states that you have to give them a chance to repair it ,even that new !!!! I think I am right in saying they have up to three chances to fix it.
                      Even with a toaster they can offer to fix it rather than replace it , but of course Tesco is a much nicer store to deal with than PC WORLD.
                      I am fuming about this especially as my pc wants sorting out really ,so hope it does not crash too or you will be reading about me in your papers having done something silly, after all how could I spend all day with Tom ???

Comment

Val, Has your laptop been exchanged?
                        Margaret N
                        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

no I am still waiitng for it to come back

Comment

Val I am sorry you are still waiting for them to sort this out.

Personally I wouldn't touch PC World stuff with a bargepole, I always get my stuff in Staples or even Aldi on the odd occasion & have never had a problem.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Try to get the money back that you were paying each month, as it sounds they missold you a policy that you didn't need.

Failing that tell them you will be going to Watchdog about it....

Good luck!
                            ;)

Joanie

Comment

Thanks Joan I should have known better as my PC motherboard went within 2 weeks
                              I have cancelled the policy waste of time, seems the only thing its good for is a pick up service

Comment

Working...
                              X