Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red cross in a red box

Help please.

My pc won't let me upload pictures direct from "my pictures" to Photobucket so I emailed the picture to myself and then uploaded via photobucket's email facility.

It's sitting there in Photobucket but I can't insert it as an image on FTM, all I get is a red cross in a red box when I go to preview image.

As I mentioned in my previous message I've had nothing but problems since I've had this new Dell computer with Vista.

La plus perdue de toutes les journees est celle ou l'on n'a pas ri
    Chamfort

The most completely wasted of all days are those on which we have not laughed

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do Cherry. You should be able to insert an image in your FTM program directly from My Pictures. (Photobucket would be used to upload photos to a site, not to a program on your computer.)
    To insert a photo from My Pictures into FTM, click on the scrapbook icon under a person's details in Family View, then click on the Picture/Object menu and select Insert Picture from File, and then choose the file you want to insert, click Open, and then make any adjustments you want (cropping, brightness, etc.) and click OK.
    Last edited by Cloggie; 29-04-08, 11:00.
    Sarah

Comment

Just read on the other thread about your "access denied" problem with Photobucket. The Photobucket support forum suggests the following solution to someone who appears to have the same problem: Error in uploading using Win Vista - Photobucket Forums
      Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry Tradewell View Post

As I mentioned in my previous message I've had nothing but problems since I've had this new Dell computer with Vista.
        Like many others i'd advise you to go back to XP Cherry.
        Everyone i know who has Vista installed has had MAJOR problems

And they call it progress !
        I think not. :( Wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.

Comment

Thanks Sarah for your help and I agree with everything you say about Vista Valley.

I grabbed my friend and neighbour, who's a computer techie but abhors Vista, made her lunch and numerous cups of tea and twisted her arm, lol, to contact Dell support on my behalf. (Absolutely no point in me chatting to them as it would've gone completely over my head)

Well.....the chap was brill, took remote control of the 'puter and so far I think it's sorted. I can access my pictures and upload them to Photobucket but the loss of my email contacts which my friend had recovered from my old pc remains to be sorted. Apparently it needs some software to fix the problem which my friend is intent on finding on the net for free, lol.

What a blinking palaver. I want XP back *sob, sob*

La plus perdue de toutes les journees est celle ou l'on n'a pas ri
          Chamfort

The most completely wasted of all days are those on which we have not laughed

Comment

Working...
          X