adding records to your tree on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding records to your tree on Ancestry

I have my tree on ancestry amongst other places and I dont know if its me but when I find a record ie a birth marriage etc I usually get the option to add it to somebody in my tree but once I've done that and I find another record I dont seem to be getting the same option its infuriating, why cant the same person be in the search box till you have added all the records you want ????
    Or am I missing something here???

Val

I just update my tree on my computer and the upload a new gedcom to whatever site I want to put it on.

It's much easier that way.

Comment

They seem to be messing about with the searches on Ancestry again!

The new search thing is rubbish! It couldn't find a marriage which i had the ref for until
      I actually put the ref in! I must have just used the names originally so why couldn't it find them?
      Of course i let them know, but don't suppose it will make any difference.

Re your problem
      Have you tried having the person you are adding records to up on more than one page ( eg if you are using FireFox use two tabs) then you can just refresh after each record is added.
      Not sure if this will help but it saves going back to the list of names or actual tree each time!
      Alison

Researching:
      CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
      http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
      http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

I could do that Margaret but it seems to lose all my photos when I do that so was doing them manually.
        Alison I quite agree I have found a few marriages got the husband put the same quarter year etc in to find the wife and it says no matches ??????????

Comment

Val if you ticked for the beta trial and are on the I would click go back to the old way ,,,I found the beta one quite useless and seemed so very slow compared to the old search ;;and yes if you uplaod a new gedcom it makes a new tree so you loose all your phots and census saved from it ,,,wrote ages ago to them saying they you should be able to just add to the original and they said they were looking into it,,,,dont hold your breathe that was last year ;;
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

its daft isnt it Babs why would you want to lose all your photos I was so disappointed when I realised as I had written stories too and they disappeared .

Comment

Working...
            X