vista is to be scrapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vista is to be scrapped

apparently vista is now going to be scrapped so all those that have bought it should get some sort of compensation or refund or a free download upgrade. There is something called windows 7 that is on the horizon.

Really where did you read that?

I have two lappys with vista on one basic and one premium and we haven't had much aggro at all. I have been ok with it.

Comment

Waits with interest to see further comments; I have Vista but use it very little
      Kathleen

Comment

Ive got vista on my new Dell and I cant say its been a problem either?

Comment

as far as I know its because businesses are reluctant to use it.
          And there was me a few weeks ago thinking that I should buy it as they were going to withdraw any support for windows xp to try to encourage people to use vista.
          apparently only trade people have knowledge of this so far but I dont suppose it will be long before it is announced publicly

Comment

I had Vista on my new laptop, but my little computer nerdy friend rapidly removed it before I could even turn it on, and installed XP instead. He said that it can actually damage your computer, and predicted that it would be withdrawn before too long, because the top men at Windows have never liked it.
            I must admit that I did think it very odd that this laptop came with Vista installed, but if I paid an extra £25 or something, then I could have XP. Now doesn't that tell you something?!
            Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

I bought a new laptop recently and it came with Vista. My son removed it and installed XP! He has also removed Vista from his own laptop! He works in IT and he doesn't much care for Vista either.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

do you think thats why my new Laptop has crashed ?? it is vista cant say its as good as they said it would be .

Comment

I was told you need at least 2 mb memory for it to work - I have 2 mb but then one of the sticks was faulty and I was on 1 mb and it was still ok.

Comment

Val, I don't know whether it's vista that has caused your problems, but I do know that it CAN.
                    Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Of course Vista is to be scrapped, in the same way that Windows 95, 98, Me and XP were... its called progression..

MS are always going to be working on the "next" operating system as are Apple and a whole host of other providers. Vista was released with a huge amount of orginally touted 'features' left out because MS couldnt iron out the bugs.. These will have been rolled on to the next incarnation.

For those of you out there with Vista, dont panic... support for XP will dry up before support for Vista does...
                      https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Theres already a SP1 out isn't there?

Comment

so did I Heather I made sure of that , but its been playing up for a couple of days then yesterday it froze up completely had to unplug it to turn it off and when I tried to put it on again it made a terrible noise sounds like the fan ???
                          I cannot believe it ,as when I bought this pc I had to have a new mother board after only a couple of weeks and now this.
                          They dont make things like they used to do they ???
                          What with that and my 14 month old cooker needing a new thermostat now the seal has fallen off ???????????????

Comment

I did not wish to change from XP but when my PC crashed beyond repair I had no choice but to buy Vista. Now I have got used to it I love it. What I do not like are the updates as they do seem to give me some problems so I have switched off Auto Updates and plan to operate with things as they are.
                            I did know long before Vista came on the market that it maybe one of Mircrosoft's shortest lived programmes as technology is moving on so fast. I read that in a professional magazine in the library.
                            Still considering an Apple Mac but not feeling brave enough to make the change.
                            Margaret N
                            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Speak to Rachel Margaret ,she has a Apple Mac

Comment

As I understand it Bill Gates gave a speech outlining the future and quoted Windows 7 as something they are working on for post 2010 at the earliest

Comment

My OH is in IT for a large, international company and they won't install Vista.
                                  Mandy

Comment

Val, it sounds to me like a hardware problem rather than software, to be honest.
                                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh dear Val, its still under warranty isnt it. What one is it and where did you get it from?

Have to say Im very pleased with the service Ive received from Dell, they are very quick to sort stuff out. They sent me a complete new tower unit plus another keyboard, mouse and software. Ive asked if they want the keyboard and software back but they said, keep it.

Comment

I've got a new Dell computer with Vista and I could weep tears of frustration.

I've just tried to upload a photo onto Photobucket and when I try and access it from my computer it says "access denied"

I'm on the point of chucking the whole shebang out of the window, I really dislike the blessed thing that much.

La plus perdue de toutes les journees est celle ou l'on n'a pas ri
                                        Chamfort

The most completely wasted of all days are those on which we have not laughed

Comment

Working...
                                        X