Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

extra eyes needed please on the 1841.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra eyes needed please on the 1841.......

I have Benjamin Tomlinson in 1851. He is a visitor in the household of John and Mary Gould. They were actually his daughter and son in law. HO107; Piece: 2146; Folio: 603; Page: 30

Benjamin was baptised in 1778 in Brassington, Derbyshire and died in 1857 also in Brassington.

I just can't find him 1841.

Anyone have better luck please?

Hi Margaret,

No luck yet, but I'm still looking....

According to GENUKI, the 1841 census for Brassington should be transcribed here: WIRKSWORTH-Parish Records-Wirksworth Area CENSUS
    See also: GENUKI: Brassington, Derbyshire
    Last edited by Cloggie; 28-04-08, 14:00.
    Sarah

Comment

Could this be him on the Wirksworth transcription site, in Hopton ?

Benjamin TOMLINSON 75 Farmer
      Elizabeth TOMLINSON 75
      Arthur TOMLINSON 30 Lead miner
      Mary TOMLINSON 30

I see on GENUKI that Hopton is only 2 miles from Brassington.
      Sarah

Comment

Here's the same family on Ancestry, transcribed as Tamlin:
        HO107; Piece 198; Book: 15; Page: 6; Line: 22
        Civil Parish: Wirksworth; County: Derbyshire
        Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah

No, that's not him, but thanks for looking.

My Benjamin was much younger than that and he was never a farmer. A labourer and gingham weaver.

I know of the Wirksworth site, its brilliant. I will go through all of Brassington on it, see what it comes up with.

Comment

I know the age doesn't match up with the baptism, but as ages were rounded on the 1841 census, and as he also had a daughter called Mary, I thought it was a possible.

There is also a Benjamin Tomison on the Wirksworth area census, in Bonsall, but he's even older - 86.
            Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah

I'm certain that isn't him. He baptism date matches with the age on the 1851 census and the age on the death cert.

I've found that same family in 1851. That Benjamin is dead and Mary is still there. The Mary in my tree is married by then and my Benjamin is living with her, so can't be the same one.
              HO107; Piece: 2146; Folio: 645; Page: 9

It does annoy me when someone goes missing.

Comment

I was just looking for the other family on 1851 too, but you've beaten me to it.
                Good that you can at least rule them out, although it would be even better if we could find the right Benjamin!
                Sarah

Comment

If you think he should be in the parish of Brassington then I don't think you will find him on Ancestry as they don't have that parish for 1841 at all :o

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                    If you think he should be in the parish of Brassington then I don't think you will find him on Ancestry as they don't have that parish for 1841 at all :o

It is there Merry, it comes under Bradbourne.

I'm going to trawl the images but my computer keeps freezing the images and they get stuck half way through downloading and I have to restart the damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                      It is there Merry, it comes under Bradbourne.
                      Oops, your right......my Parloc program let me down as it says it's a parish in it's own right, but Geniuki says the same as you! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X