German speaker please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German speaker please

I know I could translate this page if I spent enough time on it, but is there anybody better at German than me (O'level and that's all!) who could please have a quick look at this and tell me - I presume it means that they have been computerising the births, marriages and deaths for Nurnberg (Nuremberg) 1810-1875 - but does it say how to search the database and see the results? As far as I can see, there isn't an online search (unless I'm missing it) so what do I have to do?
    Stadtarchiv Nürnberg | Aktuelles | Standesregister des 19. Jahrhunderts: Geburten, Heiraten und Sterbefälle in Nürnberg 1810 bis 1875
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Kite Runner,
    I think this is the key phrase:

Die Datenbank ist im Lesesaal des Stadtarchivs benutzbar. Auftragsrecherchen werden gemäß der Gebührenordnung durchgeführt, Ansprechpartner ist Herr Reichmacher

The database can be used in the reading room of the City Archive.

You can have searches made - contact Herr Reichmacher.

There is a button to press for making contact.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

This page:
      Benutzungshinweise

Recommends that you get in touch (letter/fax/email) if you're planning to visit, so that they can make sure they have the relevant records for your research.

If we'd planned to be in Lansdberg a bit longer than a couple of days (one of which is Whitsunday), I might have been able to offer to drop in for you, but I think OH would take a dim view of filling up our holiday with other people's research!

On the other hand, if I have the info, and we have no other plans and we find ourselves within range, I could drop in briefly? The chance is remote - but it's nil without the info.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks, both of you. Just in case the weather there at Whitsun is like it was here this afternoon (hail!), Christine, this is what I wanted to look up:

Birth:
        Anna Johanna Labette Margarethe Frederieke Schmidt (my great-great-grandmother) born 4th June 1860, parents Johann Schmidt, a straw hat manufacturer, and Johanna Christina Henriette Margarethe Zellhofer. Wondering whether the birth certificate gives any more information about her parents - at least it should give the address where she was born.

And then I wonder if her parents' marriage would be on there, any siblings she had, and perhaps even her parents' births since it says it goes back as far as 1810. Though of course it would be useless to look for Johann Schmidt's birth unless I had more information about him!

But I think it says the births haven't been completed yet anyway, but perhaps the marriage would be on there though.

Hopefully I will have managed to correspond with this Herr Reichmacher before you go, though, Christine - I'll have to brush up my German! I'll make sure to let you know if I've already had the lookups done before you go. I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to find enough to do on holiday without popping in to do my research for me!
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
        X