Finally a result!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a result!

I went to the Sheffield FHS Fair on Saturday & was a little disappointed as the Lincs FHS weren't there & I have no ancestors in South Yorks. It was good to see Ron & Carol from Genealogy Printers though. They had a table with a couple of expert researchers & one asked me if I had any brickwalls, so I told her about my ggg grandma, Mary Anderton nee Lowe, who vanishes after giving birth to her 6th daughter, my gg grandmother Septiana. I explained that I had looked for her death & burial, with no joy. She suggested that I widen the area I was looking at, I had previously looked for her death & marriage only in North Lincs, where Mary lived. She said that if I could find Mary's family, that might help find her burial. I didn't have much hope with this, but yesterday asked on Rootschat, for a Lincs marriage look up & this morning, I find that they have found the marriage in Asgarby, which is mid Lincs & an area I wouldn't have thought to look at before. Although I still haven't found her death, at least I know know where to look for her baptism!
    Lynn

Well done for finding the marriage, Lynn.

Have you investigated all the Mary AnderSon deaths in Glanford Brigg?

Comment

Hmmmm....Barton upon Humber, (St Mary's and also St Peter's) are on the NBI for the period in Q. They have the burial record for the daughter Mary in 1850, but nothing else for Mary Anderton or Anderson in Barton upon Humber in the rest of the 1840's.

Comment

I hadn't looked for Mary Anderson, before Merry, so thanks for doing that for me. But I had checked the deaths & burials, with no joy. The researcher suggested that she had possibly been buried where her family came from, so I think I need to find her baptism next.
        Lynn

Comment

Quite a lot of the N Lincs marriages for the early part of registration (1837-1850) are in Excel databases which you can download.

If you can't find the link on the WIki, let me know and I'll look it out of my Bookmarks (when I get home).

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Do I take it Edward's idea that he was married to the new, very young, Mrs A on the 1851 census, was a figment of his imagination??

Comment

Well he didn't marry her until later that year, but as it happens she was Mrs Anderton anyway, having been married to another Anderton & widowed. She then goes off & shacks up with another man, who she marrys when Edward dies.

I know which site you mean Christine, but the marriage was 1831 anyway & not in N Lincs. It is Mary's death I am looking for
              Lynn

Comment

I have just noticed that I never mentioned Barton upon Humber in my first post. Has Merry been using special powers, to get that information, or do I just go on about having rellies in Barton all the time? :o
                Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn The Forest Fan View Post
                  I have just noticed that I never mentioned Barton upon Humber in my first post. Has Merry been using special powers, to get that information, or do I just go on about having rellies in Barton all the time? :o
                  lol!! There's not a lot of Septiana Andertons to look at!

Comment

Do you have a child missing? Septiana should surely be the seventh? (or did Mary have a son as well as six daughters?)

Comment

It certainly looks like there should have been another child, I had thought that they might have had one between their marriage & having Jane in 1832, (she was baptised Sept 1832), but with them marrying in Dec 1831, there wouldn't have been time. I have searched the parish records & can only find the 6 children baptised.
                      Lynn

Comment

Working...
                      X