Laptop has frozen ???? any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop has frozen ???? any ideas

I'm not having much luck today , my laptop has just frozen the mouse nor keyboard will work and it was making a horrendous noise , I tried Alt Ctrl and delete nothing happened so had to switch it off .
    I tried switching it on again the noise was worse sounds like the fan, and nothing happens the screen stays black ,HELP its only a few months old.

I just replied on your other thread, but now see you have already managed to switch it off but can't get it to boot up properly again? :(
    I don't know how to solve that problem, but hope someone else will come along soon with a solution.
    Sarah

Comment

hi I had to switch it off as it would not do anything , just been reading the book but ooh its so complicated.

Comment

Val, I think you should take it back to PCW and get it sorted. I expect that they will be able to save your work OK. Once you get an odd noise I think it is over to the experts maybe the motherboard has gone. I had a similar experience with my XP tower that was almost new.
        If it didn't make a noise I would suggest that it was a battery problem but I think we can rule that out.
        Good luck let us know how you get on.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

thanks Margaret , it has been rather slow the last couple of days , maybe it was on its way out ????

Comment

Working...
          X