Scottish Marriage REcords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Marriage REcords

I have identified a marriage in Glasgow and would like to get hold of the marraige certificate but I believe that Scottish records systems are different. Please can someone advise where I can get access to the records on line to order the cert. I have the date of the marriage and the fact that it took place in Glasgow but little else, other than the names of the people! Thanks

Hi Gill,

When did the marriage take place?

If it was before 1932 then you will be able to view the image on Scotlands People.

If it was after 1932 then I'm afraid you will have to order it.

Should have added that it costs £6 for 30 credits on Scotlands People. You then search for free but it costs 1 credit to view each page of results. (If you have the correct marriage date and the names and location then you should only get one page of results)

It will then cost 5 credits to view the image which will give you quite a bit of information.
    Names and occupations of both bride and groom's father.
    Name and maiden name of both bride and grooms mother.
    Whether of not parents are living or deceased.
    Bride and Grooms age and occupation and where they were living and where they married.
    Names of witnesses.
    Last edited by BigShaz McCreadie; 27-04-08, 14:36. Reason: Didn't give enough info
    With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

It was 1943. So when you say I have to order, who would I write to and would I just provide the names of the people who got married with the date, and location and a cert will be sent. Do you also know the cost, is the same as in England? Thanks

Comment

If you look here.....

General Register Office for Scotland - Family Records - How to Order an Official Extract

You'll find what you need.
        I know it's about £8 if you apply in person but think it's about £13 otherwise.
        With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Do you want the certificate or will a transcription do?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Gill if you're not in a major hurry for the information I should be heading into Register House in Edinburgh again within the next few weeks....I can look up the details for you....
            Jilly "keeping the grin gear working" McMad

http://JillysMcMadHouse.synthasite.com

Comment

No I am not in a major hurry, I've been researching this person for about 4 years so a few more weeks won't matter! Shall I pm you with the details?

Comment

JB: A transricption is fine at this point I think.

Comment

yup that be great Gill....am not totally sure when i'll be going over but will defo be in next few weeks.....I'll note down everything it says on the cert for you and pm it you when i've got it
                  Jilly "keeping the grin gear working" McMad

http://JillysMcMadHouse.synthasite.com

Comment

Working...
                  X