Ann Marsh needs a mother..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann Marsh needs a mother..

Im trying to find the mother of Ann Marsh abt 1826 Sedgley Staffordshire.

She married James King in 1845 Parish Church Kingswinford. Her father is John Marsh deceased.The witnesses were William and Elizabeth Marsh.

On the IGI theres a birth for an Ann with father John, mother Phebe in Gornal.

I have found Ann and James king from 1851 onwards but can anyone find her on the 1841c please..or find her mother..Thank you..

]

Could this be Ann?

HO107
    ; Piece 998; Book: 13; Civil Parish: Sedgley; County: Staffordshire; Enumeration District: 27; Folio: 9; Page: 9; Line: 16; GSU roll: 474626.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I saw that one Wendy, but there is nothing to link her is there
      Pam

Comment

Thanks Wendy I saw that one..but wasnt sure.

Hi Pam..

Im sure that yesterday I found one on the 1841 with a William and Ann and wondered was it her brother the witness but can I find it now, No chance lol..think he was older than her..

]

Comment

Hi Denise.
          If u do a parents search on igi, it looks as if there was a Thomas, Isaac ,William , Ann and Esther
          Pam

Comment

And a John Marsh married a Phoebe Smith 27 SEP 1819 Sedgley, Stafford
            Wendy

Comment

Suppose they could all be split up on 1841 if both parents were dead. Cant find Phebe Marsh on 1841 can u
              Pam

Comment

1841, HO107; Piece 998; Book: 4; Civil Parish: Sedgley; County: Staffordshire; Enumeration District: 8; Folio: ; Page: 1; Line: 6; GSU roll: 474626.

Ann Marsh 11
                Esther Marsh 8
                Isaac Marsh 9
                Tha Marsh 13
                Wm Marsh 17

think this the one..

Pam I did find one PHEBE Marsh but I think she was on her one and nothing to tie them tog..Thanks for the Smith marriage Wendy lol..Imagine Smith and marsh in Staffs..eek!
                Last edited by Northern Light; 27-04-08, 12:50.

]

Comment

*Hi Denise.
                  If u do a parents search on igi, it looks as if there was a Thomas, Isaac ,William , Ann and Esther*

Well all these seem to be together on the census? Do you think its the right family?
                  Last edited by Northern Light; 27-04-08, 12:56.

]

Comment

I've looked for a death between 1837 and 1841 but there isn't one, so if she died it would be before 1837, possibly just after Esther was born.
                    Wendy

Comment

Only Phebe I can find..HO107; Piece 998; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Sedgley; County: Staffordshire; Enumeration District: 15; Folio: 27; Page: 3; Line: 6; GSU roll: 474626.

Jno Brown 50
                      Phebe Marsh 68
                      Walter Peper 40

In Sedgley..

Wendy only likely death I found was ..2ndq 1850 Dudley, vol 18 page 260.

Well can I take this family as mine??
                      Last edited by Northern Light; 27-04-08, 13:09.

]

Comment

That looks the right family to me Denise.

Sorry l went off, had visitors.
                        Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
                          1841, HO107; Piece 998; Book: 4; Civil Parish: Sedgley; County: Staffordshire; Enumeration District: 8; Folio: ; Page: 1; Line: 6; GSU roll: 474626.

Ann Marsh 11
                          Esther Marsh 8
                          Isaac Marsh 9
                          Tha Marsh 13
                          Wm Marsh 17

think this the one..

Pam I did find one PHEBE Marsh but I think she was on her one and nothing to tie them tog..Thanks for the Smith marriage Wendy lol..Imagine Smith and marsh in Staffs..eek!

This is the family l mean
                          Pam

Comment

Thanks Pam, it does look likely.. Ill just look at the births on the IGI and see if there all after 1819 for the marriage Wendy kindly found..Thanks again both of you..
                            Last edited by Northern Light; 27-04-08, 13:15.

]

Comment

Yes, Hannah is 1820 and the last one is Isaac in 1830.. It all fits perfectly!

]

Comment

Looks as if William is head of house and is a miner. There is also a couple of Clarkes with them and ones a child of 5. . They had it hard didnt they. Have you found Hannah, she was probably married
                                Pam

Comment

Hannah Marsh married Thomas Hughes in 1840 at St. Thomas, Dudley
                                  Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pamdidle View Post
                                    Hannah Marsh married Thomas Hughes in 1840 at St. Thomas, Dudley
                                    Thanks Pam I hadnt found her.. They did have it hard!

Ann and James King ended up in Queen St Pemberton Wigan on the 1881c so there a bit easier to pin down lol..the houses are still there too

]

Comment

Looks as if they are living in Tipton. Dont know if it is the right people.
                                      Pam

Comment

Well it says on IGI that Esther Married Aaron Parkes in 1852 Sedgley so I can check that one..

Ill be able to check on Hannah as well as the marriage is in 1840..thanks

]

Comment

Working...
                                        X