Gateshead & Jarrow baptism transcriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateshead & Jarrow baptism transcriptions

For anyone with Methodist ancestors hailing from Gateshead/Jarrow area, I have just found this site which may be of help.

Terry

Ahem, and now for the link :o

METHODIST CHURCH RESOURCES FOR FAMILY HISTORIANS

Terry

Comment

Terry, many thanks for that link. I've found some of my maternal grandfathers siblings and their childrens baptisms. Always thought they were Cof E! Just need to find a second marriage for one of them though, but not sure he bothered tying the knot twice.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

It must be a project that's been going on a long time. I can't picture anyone in this Circuit having the time to devote to such a major project.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

All I get from that link is a Yahoo message that says
          "Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.
          The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later."

Comment

It was working OK yesterday. Maybe they've just uploaded a big file.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

It's working now! - have just added it to the County Durham page of the Wiki -(http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...y_Durham#Links)
              Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
              X