Ivy D Bailey Kingston (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivy D Bailey Kingston (?)

Hello again I have been looking for the birth of Ivy D Bailey born in Kingston Oct quater 1920 I have Googled Kingston, and then wished I had not bothered. All my Bailey's seem to come from Battersea or around there, so can someone have a stab at finding out " something" please I do not even know the name of her mother or father. is this asking to much ??? sorry if it is :o
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Kingston is in Surrey, although its on the Thames - thats not best helpful is it?
    Jess

Comment

Sheila

Google for "Kingston upon Thames"

It's just down the road from the Battersea area

well - about 5-10 miles for Kingston town centre itself but I think the registration district stretches as far up as Wimbledon during some periods which would be very close to Battersea reg district

Let me know if you need any help - where I live falls under Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames so my local libraries may have stuff.
      Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

okay

the birth is there in October quarter. Do we know if this lady is still alive. It's a 1920 birth so we may need to err on the side of caution when it comes to posting details
        Zoe in London

Comment

marriage is on freeBMD

Arthur E Bailey is male - does that fit in with your tree?
          Zoe in London

Comment

There's also a likely marriage in Q/E Dec 1919 but I'll wait before posting the details.

Jackie
            Jackie

Comment

Have sent you a PM.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

okay - I guess from the age that this lady is dead

Annie Sophia Juden was born 1888 in Wandsworth

father Charles, MOther Annie

they're on 1901 on ancestry

RG13; Piece: 451; Folio: 89; Page: 10.

Quite a big family - there's 7 siblings on the transcript page (can't load the image at the minute)
                Zoe in London

Comment

I am sorry that I have not answered before but it was Sunday Breakfast for me... I have not found a death for her only her birth. what I thought was if I knew anything about her mother or father I would be fine. well may be. It does fit in to my tree time wise but the Kingston through me I do not have a Bailey or Juden there
                  sheila

Comment

Sheila,

Sorry. You've confused me.

How did you get to Ivy D Bailey and connect her to your Baileys if you've not come down the Bailey line through her father's marriage and then found her birth?
                    Zoe in London

Comment

On the basis of Zoe's 1888 find for ASJ's DoB...

FreeBMD gives a marriage (as mentioned by Night Owl, above):
                      1919 Dec-Qtr Kingston 2a-1216
                      Arthur E BAILEY & Annie S JUDEN

Christine
                      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 27-04-08, 16:36.
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

After that, I think it makes sense to wait for an answer to Zoe's last question...

Christine

Comment

Good morning all, 7.20am, and just popped in to see the thread------- I have just sent a dics with my family tree on back to the uk ,it had 300 + names on it most I am sure of. In the e-mail that came back to tell me it had arrived safley came a question What happened to 'Ivy ", that was all . So I have searched . I have been told now that Kingston is nearer to them than Battersea.
                          Sheila

Comment

Working...
                          X