Urgent help please - findmypast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help please - findmypast

I'm at work and i need to confirm a death from 2006 urgently for story we're running

It's in 2006 so ancestry is no use

I can't get findmypast to recognise the search I'm doing - probably due to being on a Mac

I'm after a month of death for Jill (possibly Jillian or Gillian) Lyttleton. probably in London

If anyone can make it work I'd be very grateful
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

No women with the surname Lyttleton coming up between Jan 2005 and Dec 2006.

No female Littleton with anything resembling the right Christian name either.

Comment

ach - that throws a spanner in the works then.

thanks for helping Mary - you're a star
      Zoe in London

Comment

Found her:

LYTTELTON, Elizabeth Jill, Barnet, 2006 March

Comment

Wooo Hoo

Thank you

XXXXX
          Zoe in London

Comment

Originally posted by samesizedfeet View Post

I can't get findmypast to recognise the search I'm doing - probably due to being on a Mac
            I use a Mac and have no trouble with FMP - but I do have to be sure I use the right browser - usually Safari at the moment. I say "no problem" - but I can't see the standalone djvu images after I'm off the site, which is a bit tedious. I guess it'll be sorted soon; meantime I have to get brave and use a non-standard alternative (which is, at least, recognised by Lizard).

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine

I usually get into it fine as well. They use me all the time at work to confirm facts like that. For some reason it's not working tonight on Safari and it wouldn't even let me log in on firefox
              Zoe in London

Comment

Oh, just realised what this was about. Very sorry to hear about Humph.

Comment

I thought, perhaps, an in memoriam game of Mornington Crescent would be appropriate in the circumstances, so I have set a thread going in General in the Community section...

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X