Printing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Problem

I've downloaded a Will dated 1797 fro TNA that when printed is virtually illegible - the page is coming up very "sooty" so that the writing is barely darker than the page:(. I've tried it on two printers with the same result - is there any way of getting round this? Thanks
    Sue

Sue carnt you open it in some photo program to alter the brightness contrast etc ???
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I don't know Can II'll have a go but it might be a bit technical for me:o
      Sue

Comment

Sue I have vista and can open things with in that and alter them put I also have Picasa and U Lead ;;;

Comment

Sue,

I suggest that you e-mail TNA and tell them about your problem. I had one like that a couple of years ago and they rescanned it for me (with much better results). I think it might have taken 2 or 3 weeks to turn around, as it's not part of the normal workflow, but in my opinion it was worth the wait.

Good luck -

Tim
          "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

I've only got XP. But I've had a go - I scanned a copy into Microsoft PhotoEditor (I haven't got anything fancier than that!) and had a play. I didn't have a clue what I was doing but it's a bit better - I'll probably get my son to have a go when he can spare me the time! Thanks for your help Babs
            Sue

Comment

Ooh What a good idea Tim! However I downloaded this ages ago and have only just decided that the bits I can read make it very likely that it is my ancestor's. Have I passed any time limit do you think?
              Sue

Comment

Good luck Sue just make sure you save a copy as well as the one your playing with incase you make any major mistakes ;;;

Comment

Working...
                X