Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gedcom download problems

Hi

I keep trying to download my Ancestry tree, but everytime i do it it just opens up into another webpage with a big long list of names and information. I dont have any familytree programmes on my computer (i had it all on my PC but had to put it away to tidy up for a move and my laptop is for work so i dont want to put something that big on there and stop it working) so is this the problem? But I've been using Ancestry lately to update my tree and want to update my tribalpages site

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Robyne, go into managed tree download gedcom , then save onto your desktop ,,,when it does this it looks like big explorer E but it is gedcom you should then be able to upload this to Tribal pages if not down load the free Legacy tree and go back to the Big E right click open with Legacy ,,
    once you have done that you can export gedcom from Lecacy and then put that onto Tribla pages ;;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Hi Boro

its not even giving me the option of how to save it, it just opens into a webpage
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

It shouldnt do that ,,,arnt you getting the box up saying save or open ,,,if so you need to click on save 1st then another box asks where you want it saving !!
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

i have had the same proplem eilane sent them an email as i cant do it myself and she did it for me brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
          X