Has Kent BMD changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Kent BMD changed?

I'm sure that when I did marriage searches on Kent BMD before, it used to say what sub-district or area the marriage took place in. Can't remember exactly, but now all the ones I look at just say "Kent County Council" for location. Is the location supposed to be where the registers are held now? And if so, does this mean that all the Kent ones are held centrally in one place now?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Kate

I can't comment specifically on Kent, but I have noticed that Lancsbmd appears to have reduced the amount of information.

For instance, they have subsituted "Register Office or Registrar Attended" where I am POSITIVE it once gave the name of the alternative venue, if there was one.

They have also, overall, redirected enquiries to a central point, so you can (for instance) no longer easily get at the individual Register Offices, as you could before.

All this means that I can no longer cheat, and get the marriage cert direct from the church or chapel in lots of cases, because the marriage venue is not named.

It does seem rather a backward step......

OC

Comment

i do know I've e=mailed the blighters twice about my grandmother's incorrect entry in the indexes.

This is how she appears. See if YOU can spot the mistake:

SMOOTHY , Kgladys , W , M
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

anyone worked out what it should say, lol!
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
        X