Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a marriage certificate needed..can you help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a marriage certificate needed..can you help please?

good morning everyone..a little help please.
    my gg grandparents were Carl Freidrich Schacht (sacht) b 1848 in Wismar,Heligoland and Mary Ellen Jones b abt 1861 in i think Garston,Liverpool...because of the difficulty in researching the name Mary Ellen Jones,i have never tried...so i think its about time I did...could someone please try and find the registration of this marriage...their 2 daughters were Sophia Sacht b 1878 and Adelaide b 1880,both in Garston...so I presume Carl and Mary married about 1877..i`ll try free bmd,in the meantime ,if anyone could help,i would really appreciate it...i think its about time I purchased this marriage certificate...regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Well, that was easy!
    Mar 1877 Liverpool 8b 222
    Jones Mary Ellen
    Sacht Carl Friedrich
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

good morning kiterunner...may i ask where you got your info?...i have just been on free bmd/liverpool bmd /familysearch/and eventually Lancashire BMD`s...i found this on lancs bmd...their marriage as follows
      ref no 2122LP/66/468..St Peters,Liverpool....not available on line...so i`ll have to go to Liverpool Registry office....is yours available online?...regards...and thanks...allan;)
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

It's on FreeBMD, Allan, and you can order online from the GRO.
        KiteRunner

Comment

thanks kiterunner...when i went on free bmd,it came up no results...i`m not awake yet...i`ll try again...cheers...allan:D

Comment

ok kiterunner...GRO sent me to Lancs bmd`s...so...same result...N/A online...so, its off to Liverpool city centre on monday....regards...allan

Comment

Allan

I oftrn order through Lancsbmd and it takes no longer than the GRO, I have found - and is often quicker, even though you have to faff around finding an envelope and a stamp.

OC

Comment

"GRO sent me to Lancs BMDs"... sorry, I don't understand what you mean?
                KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                  "GRO sent me to Lancs BMDs"... sorry, I don't understand what you mean?
                  I don't understand that either,
                  here's the GRO site to order from. you need to register with them but anyone in the UK or abroad can order with or without the ref number. They don't send you elsewhere.

Registration Services - Certificate Ordering Service
                  Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

sorry girls I had to go out...I went on free bmd...found the marriage ..pressed the blue GRO link...and it sent me to Lancs bmd...and back to the same ref number i already had......regards...allan

Comment

You should have clicked the link on this page:

FreeBMD: Ordering Certificates

which says

Obtaining a certificate from the GRO

For current information on fees and current ordering procedures click here .

I've just tried it, and it takes you straight to the GRO.

Comment

thanks very much mary...i`ll give it a go now...regards...allan

Comment

Working...
                        X