Does anyone live in Somerset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone live in Somerset?

I have the death cert. of my Great Grandmother dated 1941 she died at Montvale, Hallatrow, High Littleton, Somerset.

She lived at St. Leonards on Sea in Sussex, so wondered what she was doing in 'Montvale'

I have googled with no success. Someone suggested Google Earth and the building seems to still exist and seems to be quite a large house.

Just wondered if anyone knew the area

Thanks

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 23-04-08, 15:50. Reason: spelling mistake

Not much help from me I'm afraid, I even had to look at a map to see where it was! Did find it on the 1901 census but no clues there, sorry

Comment

Linda, if you give me the exact address we can go there this weekend if you want, (maybe take a piccy) and go to a local library to see if there are any clues in a book they may have on local history

Weather permitting ;-))
      Last edited by Trish@Somerset; 24-04-08, 09:34.

Comment

The is a web site for the History of High Littleton and Hallatrow at High Littleton and Hallatrow History and Parish Records - transcribed by Michael L. Browning
        The owner of the site might be able to help you.

Comment

Hi Linda

I went to the RO this morning but I was a bit restricted in what I could find out without the name of the person involved.

There are records held at the RO for Montvale & I can look closer in a couple of weeks if you give me a name.

All I can tell you at the moment is that in 1939 in Kellys directory it is a private residential dwelling occupied by a Mrs Panes & in 1952 there is a Lottie Panes in residence.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do but as I say next week is a bit manic for me so it will be a couple of weeks.
          Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Working...
          X