A death in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A death in America

Just wondered if someone could help me out with an American "Look up" for me,

Neil S McLean was born in England, Registered Mar 1950 in Plymouth. I think he died in USA in the 80's, I have to admit I have no idea what state. can anyone find it for me please. There is a possibility that the middle name is Simon.

I was so geared up today to start on another branch of this tree, the GRO PROMISED the certs I ordered would be here today, and they aren't!!!!!!!
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Social Security Death Index.

Neil McLean
    SSN: 033-58-5346
    Born: 8 Feb 1950
    Died: Nov 1983
    State (Year) SSN issued: Massachusetts (1979 )

Comment

Thanks so much Sue, that really looks like him doesn't it?

He is the father of a friend of mine, he knows very little about his fathers family and I'm doing some research for him, So, it seems they were only in USA 4 years before he died, no wonder thing were tough!

Thanks
      Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

I expect there'll be something about it on the Wiki, but a social security number means you can get a photo-copy of his social security number application - and his death means you can get a copy of the basic death cert; only NoK/direct descendants (I think that's the rule) can get a cert with cause of death.

I used the SSN application copy to prove (to myself, at least) that I'd traced my errant paternal grandfather; and I found that he hadn't died until 1967.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X