Banbury in 1932

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banbury in 1932

Morning peeps, I would like to know how to find out or could any one tell me who lived in a row of houses between 1930 and 1934, the place is Upper Windsor Street I know that my nan lived there at this time, her married name was Emily Ruth Bonner, her husband name was Ernest James Bonner.
    I don't know what number there house was in Upper Windsor Street, I just need to know the names of the families in that street.

Many Thanks.

Hi Gillie,
    You could try looking at the electoral roll - it should be available at the county record office and maybe at the main library for that area too. Of course, it will only tell you the names of those who were registered to vote.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi KiteRunner, lovely name by the way.

I think I shall have to wait until mum goes to banbury again and go with her as my sister takes her these days and then perhaps pop off to the library and have a look, or the county records office.

Its no good getting mum to look as she won't know what she is doing.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Gillie, I've just sent you an email...... I'll be trying my contacts!

Comment

Thank you Sarah.

Comment

Gilly - If you had posted this last Friday I could've gone and taken photos for you as I was there this weekend!

Merry - St Paul's will be uploaded this evening for you.
            Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Oh Bo, If only I'd known, Grrrrrrrrrrr lol.

Never mind.

But thanks for telling me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo the Bodger View Post
                Merry - St Paul's will be uploaded this evening for you.
                I think I'm supposed to know what that means!!! lolol

Erm.....a church photo of St Paul's somewhere??

Apologies if I've made a gaff :o lol (I know the very minute I click the Submit Reply button I'll remember!)

Comment

I had to check that I hadn't made a mistake Merry (brain is abit mushy at the mo with a cold). Early this month you put up a thread about entitled anybody know Banbury. Piccies not up but they will be this evening on the region 08 thread.
                  Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Originally posted by Bo the Bodger View Post
                    I had to check that I hadn't made a mistake Merry (brain is abit mushy at the mo with a cold). Early this month you put up a thread about entitled anybody know Banbury. Piccies not up but they will be this evening on the region 08 thread.

Ahhhh!! St Paul's that is or isn't to do with St Mary's!! I remember now...lol *penny drops*

Thanks Bo!

Comment

Working...
                    X