French translation please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French translation please

My schoolgirl French is worse than I thought!

Please can someone translate this for me?

Je prie mes parens et mes amis de croire tout ce que le docteur O'Meara leur dira relativement a la position ou je me trouve et aux sentimens que je conserve. S'il voit ma bonne Louise, je la prie de permettre qu'il lui baise la main.

Thanks.

Jen xx
    "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

*Looks round nervously to see if Mlle Dubois is listening*

I beg my parents and my friends to think of all that Dr O'Meara has written relative to the position in which I find myself and the sentiments (feelings) I hold. If you see my beautiful Louise I beg it will be permitted to kiss her hand.

*Six out of ten, OC - must do better*

Comment

We think it says :

I pray that my parents and friends believe everything that Doctor O'Meara tells them about my position, where I am and the feelings that I have. If he sees my beautiful (good ?) Louise I give him permission to kiss her hand.

Someone else may be able to correct this !
      Simon

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky ? " (Dirty Harry) - Be lucky; the facts are out there somewhere

http://www.thebirdtree.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, OC and Simon - merci?

Funny your Mam'zelle was a Dubois, OC, one of these O'Meara's married a Dubois so I was a bit confused to see the name!

Jen xx

;)

Comment

LOL Jen, she was no more a Dubois than I am - spoke in a broad Lancashire accent when she wasn't pretending to be French!

OC

Comment

:D

Ay ooop, get tha' cahiers oot!

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Thanks Loz, I just checked - wikipedia says his second wife was Marie Louise (the note was written by Napoleon).

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Working...
              X