No announcement yet.

Are these my Tudman/Tuddenham family ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these my Tudman/Tuddenham family ?

Would you agree that this image shows Stephen, Hannah and James Tuddenham, not Inderson as transcribed?
    1841 census - Class: HO107; Piece 761; Book: 1;

I,ve been looking for them for weeks so decided to trawl through the whole village!

Thanks

Also where is James born is it an f for foreign?

Comment

Caroline

I can't get the image to load at the moment, so I will look again later.

Sorry!

OC

Comment

If that is Norfolk, Caroline - and it looks like it from the piece number - Ancestry is appalling for 1841. I have reverted to listing entire villages and looking for promising names as the only way to find some people. The parish of Edgefield is especially bad.
        Phoenix - with charred feathers
        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

It doesn't look like 'S' (for Scotland) or 'I' (Ireland) so I'd go with 'F'
          This may be slightly clearer

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I would go with Tudnam, definitely
            Pam

Comment

I agree it looks like Tuddenham.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi caroline on my husband side there is a distant rellie called Jane Elizabeth Tuddenham born 1813 Gooderstone Norfolk.Her parents were John Tuddenham and Jane nee Money.

CherryToo

Comment

Thank you everyone, I think now it looks more like Tudman but the name is spelt Tuddenham on the baptisms I have. Poor old stephen is in Buxton workhouse in 1851 along with his grandaughter, my grt grt grandmother Sophia Cutting and quite a few more Tudmans.
                  James was baptised in Alby near Erpingham Norfolk so it is interesting that he may have been born abroad, my Granmother is convinced there is Spanish blood in the family!
                  I'm not suere whereGooderstone is but there are quite a few Tuddenhams in norfolk, not so many Tudmans but the names seem to be interchangable as they sound so alike. There is also a village called Tuddenham

Comment

Working...
                  X