My Home child sent to canada died aged 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Home child sent to canada died aged 101

A lovely lady on here has got the death details of one of my home children sent to canada and she died at an amazing 101 years of age.
    I have also had a phone call today from Barnados saying they are updating their system including the photo scanning which is why I'm still waiting for the photos , thought it was very nice of her to ring , even if it was at 7.50 this morning..

Wow! That is amazing. I have lots of rellies who made it to the late 90s but none past 98.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

she must have been one of the lucky ones and had a good life.
      I am going to write to her last known address and see if I can find out more
      Wish I could find out what happened to her sister.

Comment

you are ona wonderful roll there! Congratulations and have fun

Comment

If you have a look in the wiki , and put Home children in the search box, you'll see I mention a book that is worth a read - you may then change your mind about ''a good life'' if she did, she was one of the lucky ones.
          Jess

Comment

thanks Dukkie see you tonight hopefully
            Jess I do know she and her sister were living in the same Street so at least they were not far from each other , and hopefully managed to see each other now and then.
            I am going into this further to find out whatever I can, and thanks for the suggestion of that book will look into it

Comment

Working...
            X