Spreadsheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreadsheets

Help I've spent all day putting info on a Works spreadsheet - the final save didn't work and the application closed down so lost half of input I hadn't managed to save in time.

Anyway what I have got I want to print off in landscape mode but it won't let me.

I've tried changing page setup - nope -
    tried properties on print menu - nope!!

So what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by JBee; 16-04-08, 22:29.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Is already in Landscape?

Comment

I don't really know Works but my guess would be that you need to select the Print Area first which probably will be on Page Layout and then go to Print. After selecting the Print Area you can also highlight select area's and this will give you an additional option to Print a smaller section of your workbook.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret - yes I selected print area first, then print preview, page setup but to no avail.

James - tried not changing from portrait to landscape - still the same.

will have another play tomorrow

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

In page set up > Source Size and Orientation - does the preview actually change.

In this same box you have the Paper size - does it make any difference if you change the paper size manually.

My paper size for landscape is set to: A4210 X 297 mm - Width 29.7cm Height 21cm
          Kathleen

Comment

If you are still having a problem with your printing and saving take a look at the windows help. Click on the ? or help button and when windows appears just type in 'Print Work Book' scroll down the list and you may get an option to troubleshoot. On Vista using Excel I have just had a look and there are many causes from printer drivers may need updating to the way that you save your work book etc.
            Just one other 'odd' idea you may just have a 'cliche' on this work book that is blocking the process. If all else fails why not try to copy and paste it to a completely new work book (not work sheet). But do back up first.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks all - I'll give them all a try - was going to have another go today but was too busy.

Am away tomorrow so it'll have to be the weekend

Comment

Working...
              X