House details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House details

How would I find out who lived in a house in 1913,by address only,is it possible please to do.
    regards Patti

*******always searching*********
    for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

You'll need to contact the library for the area and ask them to do a look-up in the electoral roll.

That will only give you a list of people entitled to vote, though (no women).

Comment

Oh I see,I was hoping to find a list of people there so I could trace where a certain person came from,will not include it then perhaps,thanks.
      regards Patti

*******always searching*********
      for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

Or have a look on Historical Directories
        and see if they have a street directory for that place for the year you want. Although not all households will be listed, but worth a try.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Though perhaps I should add that the street directory will only give you the name of the head of household.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Patti

You will only find a list of everyone in a household on the census. Electoral rolls would only list people eligible to vote and in 1913 that wouldn't be any women and not all men. It won't give you relationships, ages, occupations or birthplaces.

I believe some local archives have things like rate books, so you might find the ratepayer there, but not anyone else living in the household.
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
            X