CD/DVD labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD/DVD labels

We're now recording from the television onto DVDs and have bought some sticky labels for them which I'd quite like to print off from the pc. I've got the latest edition of Word but the manufacturer of my labels isn't listed in the labels section, so I would have to set up a 'custom' label. I can't see how to make a circular label so is there a trick to it, or do I need to get some sort of software?

Thanks for any help
    Mandy

See if the Manufacturer of the Labels has a website. Go there and see if they have Templates to download.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

If you have Nero, I believe that's quite good for circular labels (my son knows more than me about these things).

You can do circular stuff with Word Art, but it's a bit primitive.

Comment

Doh! Can't believe I didn't think of that, Wendy, thanks

Thanks, Mary, I'll make a note of that too.

Very grateful for both your tips xx
        Mandy

Comment

Hi,
          Next time you need a new printer make sure you buy one that can accept CD/DVDs and can print directly onto them. Then only buy printable CD/DVDs and it saves all that messing about trying to centre the sticky label.
          I have an Epson printer that does this and use white faced DVDR's and it does a fantastic job.
          Doesn't help you with your current problem, but a thought for the future.
          Neil

Comment

Thanks, Neil, I didn't realise you could get printers that did that so I will definitely bear it in mind.

I am indebted to Wendy because I've been to the manufacturer's website and downloaded their free software. It works really well and I only had to do one practice run
            Mandy

Comment

I wouldn't put sticky labels on CDs or DVDs. I was given a music CD once. It was an original recording by an up-and-coming classical guitarist and was great to listen to. then one day when I ejected it from the CD player it caused all sorts of problems.

Upshot is, the label had started to peel off, the CD got caught up in the gubbins and the machine was ruined. Had to get a new one.

So take care!
              Rose

Comment

Working...
              X