Can you find Nellie Fuller's marrage Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you find Nellie Fuller's marrage Please

Hello, I have found Nellie Fuller on the 1901 census it say's she was born 1893 in Wandsworth, but I have looked and looked, now I think that I would not see it if it jumped out and hit me.
    Thanks
    Sheila walking cat.gif
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Sheila, do you know who she married? Do you know for sure that she did marry? And was her "official" name definitely Nellie, or could it have been short for Ellen or Helen?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Could be this one or one of many others. (like about 60)

Marriages Sep 1911 Wandsworth 1d 1114
      Fuller Nellie D

Do you have any other info?

Comment

Unless you know who she married, then there are any number of names which might be "official" and which you might need to include in your search, and there's always the chance she married under a different version to the one her birth cert.......:

Births Jun 1892
        Fuller Mary Eleanor Wandsworth 1d 722

Births Mar 1893
        Fuller Ellen Wandsworth 1d 797

Births Jun 1893
        Fuller Helen Maud Wandsworth 1d 670

You might be able to eliminate some of these by looking at deaths and the 1901 census, but still how will you know you are looking at the right marriage?

Comment

Sorry all the information I have on her Is just that, her Mother and father were John and Fanny A Fuller, the whole family lived in and around Battersea and do not seem to have moved out. I do have a very old photo with her on it, and it just say's Nellie Fuller on the back
          Sheila

Comment

Do you know that she did marry? Lots of women of marriageable age around the time of WW1 didn't.

Comment

No I have no idea, OH has just asked if she could have died young
              Sheila:o

Comment

Lyn --- Have a nice time on Hamilton the weather here is cool at night and hot during the day---- Happy Holiday
                Sheila

Comment

Good Morning to you all, I have just read the thread ' Nellie " I don't think that my Nellie was an Ellen as she had a sister by that name
                  Sheila

Comment

Even if she was born, married and died as Nellie, I don't see how it would be very easy to find her marriage without either spending a lot of money, having a lot of luck, or discovering something more about what happened to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila from Down Under View Post
                      Good Morning to you all, I have just read the thread ' Nellie " I don't think that my Nellie was an Ellen as she had a sister by that name
                      Sheila
                      I presume her sister Ellen was born after the 1901 census? Or could Nellie actually be Ellen seeing as there's a birth reg for an Ellen in 1893 (post #4).
                      Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 16-04-08, 09:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X