Excel 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel 2007

Please can a member help me set up a spread sheet to say have a ‘rolling balance’ for example like a Bank Statement.

I just wish to pull up the spread sheet for a club that I run and need to be able to add Credits and Debits and have a final balance at the touch of a button.

I look forward to your replies but please write them in simple English. Thank you so much.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I can help with this - if you can use an Excel 2003 sheet then I'll do it for you - or I'll try to explain. Which is better?
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Margaret, you can have a rolling total very easily but you must spend some time setting up the page first.
      Each cell has a number, column A line 1 would be A1. so if you wanted the sum of A1 and B1 to be entered into C1 you would have to type into C1 A1+B1, then whatever values were entered into A1 or B1 the value of C1 would change.
      I have'nt used excel for many years but I do remember spending a long time setting up the pages, but I was always slow anyway. To put the formula into the necessary cells I suggest you look at the help menu,

Comment

Margaret, I have just noticed that I have the "Excel for Dummies" book, so if you have more specific questions I will do my best.

By the way Lived in the New Forest myself for almost 30 years,

Comment

I've done a simple version - you can download it from here: Miscellaneous HomePage
          I expect it should work on Excel 2007
          Kind regards,
          William

Comment

Wulliam and Pilgrim, Very many thanks for your excellent replies they are appreciated.
            I have downloaded your sample sheet Wulliam, it is excellent. It was all a question of layout and getting the formular the correct way round. I am sure that once upon a time I learnt how to do it but have not needed to use it until now. A nice clear example.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I have had a look at the sample William provided and while it does what you asked, it could be improved by adding a Date field and a Description field. This way, at the end of the year, you can identify when the entry was made and what the credit/debit was.

From experience, this makes life so much easier.

Hugo

Comment

Get productive quickly with Microsoft 365 videos and tutorials. Explore Microsoft 365 training guides and tips to collaborate with anyone, anywhere.

Have a look at this Margaret, it is completely FREE.

Comment

Totally at a tangent - Pilgrim, who is the man in your avatar pic please?

Comment

Hugo - you're quite right. I've added another file which allows much more detail to be recorded.
                    Kind regards,
                    William

Comment

From Hugo

Hi Margaret,

This is the first time I tried to reply to a post or a private message.

You have come to the right person. I have experience as Treasurer of several Clubs and have created a spreadsheet as required. I think something simple would be appropriate. This would have a date; a description;then an income section with say 5 headings; an expenditure section with the same headings; a total income; a total expenditure; and a net balance.

Have you any idea how many entries per year there would be?

Hugo
                      Last edited by Hugo; 21-04-08, 08:43. Reason: Removal of email address. Margaret has used it to contact me.

Comment

Working...
                      X