Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribal Pages

Ok so many of you will know this

You can print off "filled in" family group sheets as a report even as a free member

but also

if a person has married twice if you put that person in the box for the report it will give both their first husband/wife with the children and the second husband/wife with their children.

I find tribal pages much easier to use than GR -

Many of you probably have programmes that give you these options and lots more besides.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

JBee

I love Tribal Pages!

I have FTM, but cannot really get to grips with it - ok, I haven't tried very hard, I admit.

I abandoned my GR tree some years ago when it played silly beggars and wouldn't let me add children. I finished up with seven identical married couples, each with one child. It may be ok now but I can't be bothered to look.

I specially like on TP being able to click on a name and see lists of their children, grandchildren and so on - sad, or what!

OC

Comment

I find GR really difficult these days as you must put in the info they want you to.

At least with tribal pages you can put in what you want - change it - print it out to see what's missing and it comes out in a sensible report and its much neater than writing it in!!!

Only thing is if someone has a partner and not an oh - it insists they were married in the adie report!!! lol

I couldn't get to grips with the other programmes either and I don't want to keep repeating what I'm doing. Will get it sorted on tribal pages and then maybe export it (I've got membership with that family tree so can back it up too).
      Last edited by JBee; 14-04-08, 23:08.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

JBee

I have so many cousin marriages and GR just can't cope with that. TP does them with ease.

I also like the fact that you can have floaters on there, ready to hook in when you've proved the connection. I now enter all those stray people you find in households on the census. Most of them turn out to be some sort of relative and it means I don't lose them in the meantime!

OC

Comment

I have Tribal pages too and it's so easy to use. I upgraded about 3 years ago as I like the extra storage not only for names but also for photo albums. I keep a copy of each certificate and also each census on albums for each family name which means I can access them easily if I'm using the internet when away from home.
          Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Have to agree I love Tribal Pages.... I too upgraded Daphne...

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
            Raven's Family Tree

Comment

thanks for telling us about it. I like tribal pages but havent added much to there recently . I do have the majority of my main lines on there with lots of census papers and baptisms on there. Have never tried to print any charts from there but have done family group sheets from family tree maker.
              Is there a programme anywhere that prints the circal chart with the names already printed on?

Comment

Message for O C
                You mentioned that you put "floaters" on Tribal pages. How do you do that without attaching them to a family?
                thanks Moggie

Comment

It's a pity the layout's so ugly.

I particularly hate the fact that they use an accent character instead of the apostrophe, and spaces between lines in the notes just disappear.

Comment

Moggie

You just click "add new person". A box will open and ask you if this person is already in your tree - No, and just enter them with their hangers-on or in splendid isolation!

Mary

I quite like the layout as far as the children goes (?grammar?) but I agree the notes section really needs some attention. If enough of us write and ask, I'm sure they will do something about it - they are very receptive to suggestions.

I was just thinking - they are missing a marketing opportunity here because if they sold a tree programme on disc I would buy it!

OC

Comment

Thanks O C
                      Will give it a go.
                      Moggie

Comment

Working...
                      X