Age of boy .... any ideas please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of boy .... any ideas please ?

This photograph was taken in 1910, when the church was built.
    Please could I have your opinions as to the age of the boy standing on the kerb ?

here he is enlarged a bit

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 13-09-09, 14:45.
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

It's not easy to tell, I'd guess about 10 but might be way off.

Comment

I would say 10 - 12 also
      Pam

Comment

:( Oh darn ! .... I was hoping he might be a bit older

Thank you Richard

Oooops, thank you Pam .... didn't see you
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Rachel I have a photo of my fathers cousin who looks about the same size as the boy in your photo ( and with the trousers that have had a row with his shoes) he was 16!! I think it is possible that this lad is older than 10

Lesley

Comment

Long trousers, so he could well be older, also todays children are on average taller than children of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
              Rachel I have a photo of my fathers cousin who looks about the same size as the boy in your photo ( and with the trousers that have had a row with his shoes) he was 16!! I think it is possible that this lad is older than 10

Lesley
              Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
              Long trousers, so he could well be older, also todays children are on average taller than children of the past.

Ooooo goody
              Thank you both so much.
              This is very encouraging as I was hoping for 14 ....

Comment

He looks to me about 9 - 10 at most

Comment

Rachel, this boy is 12 (I probably wouldn't have believed it, but the back of photo has the date and age written by his mother)

It's a long time before your photo, but even so.....I think your boy looks older than this one
                  Last edited by Pippa Doll; 12-11-08, 21:46.

Comment

Originally posted by mariejader View Post
                    He looks to me about 9 - 10 at most
                    Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                    Rachel, this boy is 12 (I probably wouldn't have believed it, but the back of photo has the date and age written by his mother)

[ATTACH]9593[/ATTACH]

It's a long time before your photo, but even so.....I think your boy looks older than this one

Hmmmph ... looks like this is going to remain a mystery
                    Thank you both

Comment

Rachel, Do you know if the person you want this photo to be was fairly slight/not too tall as an adult? I know two brothers aged 10 and 14 and the 10 year old is taller! They are both slim and both parents are slim/short.

Comment

My guess is about 12, children are so hard to age
                        Vikki -
                        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

I've looked at his Service Record ... it says he was 5ft 7 and had light brown hair :(

I have 2 photos of him (George) taken in 1917/18 and the boy in the photo doesn't seem to bear a resemblance Will put them on here tomorrow

The reason why I was hoping it might be George is that in August 1910, gt gran sent a picture postcard to her SIL.
                          The pic is of a Sunday School group and gt gran points out her 2 younger sons, finishing by saying that "George is on the other card".

This pic of the church is the only other card I have which has the same format on the reverse.

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 15-04-08, 22:55.

Comment

I'd guess he was a young teenager, he's quite a bit taller than the other kids in the photo.

Comment

Here he is aged 21

Comment

8/10 i think brenda xxx

Comment

I think he is about 12-14 yrs. He is standing right on the kerb yet the other children are standing back against the railings. He is nearly as tall as the railings and if he stepped back he would be taller than the other children. If his war records say he was only 5'7" then he would have been a short kid.

Comment

Working...
                                  X