Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help needed

does anyone know if theres such a thing as an electoral register for 1925

im looking for a john platt who lived at 1 chapel cottages, old lane, withington
    (address from marriage certificate) he was apparently living with his mother before he got married and as i dont know who his mother was, im hoping i could find out from an electoral register
    if there is such a thing, where would i go to view it.

thanks

Yes, there would be an electoral register - you would need to go to the country record office for whatever county Withington is in to look at it, or perhaps the main library for that area will also have it.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

But not all women had the vote in 1925, so you will have to cross your fingers and hope she was one of the lucky ones who did!
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thank you so much kiterunner, withington is in lancashire, and there is a main library in manchester lancashire, so i will pop down tomorrow and see what i can find.
        thanks again for your help

Comment

It would be worth trying local directories for the area too.

If she's not on the electoral role she could still be found in there if she was the main householder.

And remember to check on a few years in both sources if you don't find her in 1925 - she's may well have stayed there even after her son moved out.
          Last edited by samesizedfeet; 14-04-08, 21:50.
          Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Working...
          X