annoying printer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annoying printer problem

Our printer is a printer/scanner/copier, HP psc 1410. We put new cartridges in on Friday and now, each time we log on it says:

If you have just installed a new print cartridge it is recommended that you align it. Click on "Align" to align your new print cartridge.

We have done as instructed but it keeps popping up:( (didn't do it last time we put new ink in as far as I can remember!).

Any idea how we can get rid please?
    Rose

Have you remembered to remove the plastic cover on the connection? just a thought

Comment

when that happens to me I do the whole prodedure over again take the ink cartridge out you replaced then put it in again, sometimes it just has not clicked into place.

Comment

yes James, it prints fine.

Val, never thought of that. Will give it a go.

Thanks
        Rose

Comment

Rosie, I have the same printer and had that when I put in a new cartridge- You have to print out a trial sheet with dots and squares etc. You then have to put the piece of paper face down on the scanner/photocopier and press the scanner button once. Did you do all that?

Comment

yes Heather, done all that and the blinky message keeps on coming up.

OH is going to take the cartrdiges out and replace them again today. If that doesn't work I might uninstall and re install the printer tonight while he's out, but I could do with that hassle!
            Rose

Comment

Are they original cartridges or refilled?

Comment

Have you tried HP Diagnostic - a free programme from HP?

Comment

Sorted!

OH removed the cartridges, replaced them, went through the scanning whatsit and all is now ok.

James, they are original HPs, not refils or compats.

Thanks all, happy bunny now :D
                  Rose

Comment

glad its sorted , I often get that problem and just remove them and start again it usually works

Comment

Working...
                    X