census on CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• census on CD

I dont have access at home to ancestry but can access it by going to the library. I have some family missing from 1871 and wonder if it is just a case of being mistranscribed. I know I have had many people look for them but to no avail. So I was wondering if I bought the 1871 census on CD would I be able to trawl through the images for a certain area.
    Last edited by gloryer; 13-04-08, 05:55. Reason: spelling error

You can buy the Census CDs for each county your want, or buy the lot, but that is a bit expensive.

S&N Genealogy Supplies - Software, UK Census and Data CDs
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

gloryer, do you know if findmypast 1871 has been searched, as well as the ancestry version, for your missing people? (before you go off spending loads of money!)

Comment

Much easier to ask others if they can find them. Who are you looking for and where?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I think I have completely exhausted this one with asking people to do look ups for me. I dont think anybody has looked on find my past though. Perhaps that is where they are hiding.
          Maria BUTLER b 1870 married William PEARSON 1890 DArtford reg giving her father as William BUTLER, labourer. ON 1891 and 1901 says she is born Woolwich.
          1881 Maria and brother Charles BUTLER b 1867 Woolwich are both in Metropolitan district school. Both are said to be each others nearest living relation and both are said to be illegitimate.

At first glance the family looks like they are on 1871 but this one is not mine as later that family still have their Maria with them but she is under her married name of SHURETY.

Comment

Don't forget you can browse through the census page by page on ancestry too, although of course if you only get a limited time on the library computer it might take a few visits!
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X