Lancaster county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancaster county

I've been looking for some bmd info for the county of Lancaster,forgive my ignorance,but is that Lancashire?
    I've been looking for Hulme,Chorlton birth's.
    "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Yes it is.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hiya AlanJohn,

Lancashire has a free bmd,

Lancashire Births Marriages & Deaths

Good Luck !!
      Jacky

Comment

could anyone recommend a good researcher for the area, i need to find some births/baptisms for around 1872-78,i'm too far away from the area.

Comment

I can look at parish records if you know which church

Manchester City Council - Church Register List - Introduction

Hulme and Chorlton are districts of Manchester
          Last edited by Pat Hope; 12-04-08, 20:35.
          PAT

Comment

What family are you after? Have you got them on the 1881 census?

Hulme, Chorlton cum Hardy and Chorlton upon Medlock are in Chorlton Registration District (Lancashire) until at least 1896.

The place called just Chorlton is in Cheshire and I think it was in Whitchurch district for the 1870's.

Comment

On the other hand, please read Pat's post!! lolol

Comment

There is a Chorlton in Manchester along with Chorlton-cum- Hardy and Chorlton on Medlock
                PAT

Comment

And one in Cheshire as well, Pat??? I don't have any Lancs rellies!

Comment

The surname is Hatton,i've been trying to research my dads more recent lot without much luck,they seem to avoid the census'!!
                    I think i'm going to bite the bullet and pay a local researcher,i gave the local records office an email on Friday,and i'm going to go from there.
                    The parent's moved from cheshire to lancashire,and where married in Manchester in Dec 1871,my grandfather wasn't born till 1878,seven years later.I have his birth certificate,which states he was born in Hulme in the county of Lancaster.
                    Hopefully i should get some joy out of the local record office,and they'll come back with more hatton's with the same parent's(John Hatton and Margaret Craven).
                    If it was down here i'd just pop down the local office and spend a few hours thumbing though the certificate's.
                    ah well,can't be everywhere.

Comment

I don't know the area, but is it covered in the Lancashire OPC? They are very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
                        I can look at parish records if you know which church

Manchester City Council - Church Register List - Introduction

Hulme and Chorlton are districts of Manchester
                        Sorry i have little to go on,i know they were living in Baxter street in 1878,so i suppose they would have used the local church for baptism's.
                        I think they were Catholic too,but i stress the word think.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                          I don't know the area, but is it covered in the Lancashire OPC? They are very helpful.
                          Theres a few Hatton's there but without knowing the names of the parent's ,i don't know if they are my grandfather's sibling's,i've been dealing with this for a while now..

Comment

Alanjohn

It seems a bit extreme to pay a professional researcher - do you have the family on any census?

Where did the parents marry?

OC

Comment

Come on Alanjohn........give us what you do know and we'll have a look.

Everyone's helped me so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                Alanjohn

It seems a bit extreme to pay a professional researcher - do you have the family on any census?

Where did the parents marry?

OC

Oh OC.......I know who this thread is about now!! I think it might be best to tiptoe away before Alan sees you!!! lolol

(And is was Manchester cathedral, Xmas day 1871) and the answer to the Q about finding them on any census is No!

Comment

There is a marriage of John Hatton and Margaret Craven 1871 Manchester Cathedral.

Alan........the parish records are kept at Manchester Archives Central Library Manchester not at the records office

I have just remembered that sometime ago I said I would look at the records for St Wilfreds Hulme ........sorry I forgot:o
                                  Last edited by Pat Hope; 14-04-08, 22:54.
                                  PAT

Comment

Oh, haha! The Margaret Craven woman! Parallel families and all that.

Would Roman Catholics marry at Man Cath??? There were lots of RC churches in Hulme.

Errrr....not that old Silas Hatton again, is it?

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                      Errrr....not that old Silas Hatton again, is it?

OC
                                      Exactly!!

Comment

But we sorted old Silas out!!!!!

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X