X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help locating white family please

Hi
    I have found the family on 1891 census
    Arthur White born barby northampton age 39 ( head)
    Emma White born Horsley Heath Staffordshire age 34 ( wife)
    Jessie WHite born Birmingham age 1 ( dau)
    they are living at 24/26 new town row birmingham
    arthur occ is listed as eating hse keeper(em'er)

Arthur White married railway signalman ( head)28 born barby nth
    living at brandon and bretford warwick
    no wife listed
    Where was she?

Arthur White 18 railway porter born barby
    living with parents at Churchyard rd Tipton staffordshire

as yet not found Arthur White or his wife Emma or dau Jessie on 1901 census

can't find daughter Jessie birth info

did find a marriage for an Arthur White and Emma Hill
    in Dudley DEc 1876

Arthur White parents were Joseph and Mary White who were both born in Barby but later moved to Dudley? tipton Staffordshire

could someone please find Arthur , Emma and Jessie White on 1901 census and also help locate Jessie birth info so I can order her birth cert and find out if her mother was Emma Hill
    With a surname like White and him working on railways not certain if the marriage I found for an Arthur White is correct , all I have is that his wife was named Emma ( from 1891 census )

Help please

Thanks Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

In 1901 they are in Wales!!

RG13; Piece: 5154; Folio: 49; Page: 5

Comment

Do you know Jessie's middle name (L) or who/when she married or died?

I'm wondering if Arthur wasn't married to Emma (esp if, perhaps, he was married to someone else in 1891! Not saying he was, but presume you have looked for Emma and not found her) and so Jessie was registered in her mother's surname? Might explain the apparent lack of a birth reg for Jessie.
      Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 12-04-08, 13:37.

Comment

I don't know if this helps, but it appears that Arthur might have been working for the LNWR (London and North Western Railway) as this is the nearest to Brandon and Bretford and also Tipton.

Roger

Comment

Another thing. If Arthur was married to Emma for years as you suggest, it's fairly surprising they apparently only had one living child by 1891. Maybe they couldn't have children and Jessie was "adopted".

Comment

Hi Merry Monty and Roger
            So by 1901 they were living in Wales , no I have had no luck finding any info on Jessie White so far yes it could be possible that she might have been adopted , and if that is Arthur White marriage date 1876 did wonder about more children . Arthur is my ggranddads brother .
            Looked for an Emma White on 1881 census could not find one that would match in with details from 1891 ..re her birth place and age
            does the 1901 match her birth place and age?

thankyou for info on which railway is near Brandon and Tipton LNWR (London and North Western Railway.. both granddad Tim and his brother Arthur worked on railways .. granddad Tim moved from Tipton to Attleborough,Nuneaton and Atherston
            Have not as yet found any info on what railways they were working on

I think I will order the 1876 marriage cert of Arthur White
            this was the only one I could find ( use free bdm)
            was hoping Jessie birth might shed some light , and comfirm her mums maiden name but if she was adopted ..

Thankyou for your help
            Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
            Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
            ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
            X