Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ancestry beta - testers

Got my link emailed today....

Glad to see they've reintroduced the ability to add a keyword to your search on the main page.

If anyone else is trying it - have you figured out yet how to narrow down the search results so you only get UK results?
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Maybe you have to get the world-wide results first, Zoe?

Site-wide search
    Search all of Ancestry at once without sacrificing a thing. Then narrow down to new and improved categories of information.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hmmm - let me try that and see if I can narrow it down

Seems a bit longwinded to me.
      Zoe in London

Comment

Nah, I've sussed it - get the URL for the link they emailed you up, and change the .com bit of it to .co.uk and then it will give you the option.
        KiteRunner

Comment

worked it out

There's a link in the search form called "Tell us more" which adds more search options. There you can add a location to a search criteria called "Lived In".

For some reason though it omits from the search results hits in the GRO indexes when you put England into the "Lived In" field.
          Zoe in London

Comment

aaah - that's even easier. cheers Kate

still doesn't explain the lack of BMD results though
            Zoe in London

Comment

aaaargh

When you go back to the search page using the back button it removes everything you've just typed in
              Zoe in London

Comment

I've got some BMD results on mine, although it doesn't seem to have found the right one. Not really got used to how it works yet, I must admit.
                KiteRunner

Comment

I have only had a very quick look and it wont even find my de Fraines unless I put in a town where they lived and a first name and offers me thousands of Fraines instead ... not much use so far for finding the missing ones!! A specifc search for somebody I already know all about brings them stright to the top of the list - right from my own tree. It seems to be trying to do too much at once. Will need to spend longer with it.
                  Caroline
                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Is there an easier way to get back to the search box that brings up the links to your tree other than selecting "switch back to older search" then "try it".

Comment

Working...
                    X