How to get Pictures from Flashdrive to Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Pictures from Flashdrive to Vista

I have put all my family photos from my pc onto a flashdrive and now I'm stuck!! cant for the life of me work out how to put them into my pictures folder on my Vista Laptop

Hi Val...
    Although I have Vista I haven't tried it using this method; I'm using XP at the moment but I think this should work.

Open Windows Explorer by using the keyboard and pressing the windows key and the letter E

Mine appears down the left side of the screen; if you look down the list you will see your flashdrive (mine would be G drive) At the side of G drive is a small cross - click on the cross and it will open the drive to show the contents.
    Further down the list you will see 'My Pictures' if not it could be in 'My documents'
    Click on the cross of ' My Documents' and you will see 'My Pictures'

In the list of the G drive - click on the pictures that you want to move and drag them to 'My Pictures'
    Kathleen

Comment

Hi Val if it is a USB drive then you should be able to use it as a normal CD drive,
      call up your usual camera picture loading program, look down list of pictures until you come to drives and you should find "C" drive and any other drives which are active, click on and work as normal transferring pictures to a new Folder.

Comment

thanks so much just did it and it worked YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEssssssssssss

Comment

Working...
        X